Saffron Walden Town Band to play at the Gardens of Easton Lodge
THE Trustees of the Gardens of Easton Lodge are thrilled to announce that the Saffron Walden Town Band will be performing at their next open day on Sunday May 20.
The band will perform two different 45 minute sets - at 2.15pm and 3.15pm - and they will include something for everyone.
Younger visitors will be encouraged to join in with some numbers and there will ‘shaker making’ to help with this alongside the other children’s craft and nature activities on offer.
Trustee Gwen Blackshaw said: “We wanted to have the band here last year but they were booked up for all the open days so we are delighted to welcome them to the gardens at last.
“We feel sure visitors will find the music hugely entertaining and that it will enhance their experience of this magical place, especially when accompanied by one of our delicious cream teas.”
The gardens are open from 12noon to 6pm (last admission at 5pm) with tickets costing just �2.50 for adults and children entering free. Following on from their success last month there will be complimentary guided tours at 1pm and 4pm.
Volunteers will be on hand serving homemade soup, bacon rolls, hot drinks and cakes by the croquet lawn where anyone is welcome to try their hand with the equipment provided. A wide range of plants, garden merchandise and ice cream will also be on sale.
- 1 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 2 Stansted Airport calls for residents' views on solar transformation plan
- 3 Saffron Walden County High School student launches campaign for a 'Quiet Room'
- 4 Will there be a White Christmas in Essex this year?
- 5 Walden has late night shopping and musicians
- 6 Saffron Walden a contender in Britain's Favourite Market vote
- 7 Music therapy top honour includes Walden's Together in Sound
- 8 Advent begins in Saffron Walden on Sunday
- 9 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 10 Students bring cheer to senior citizens through Christmas Buddy Scheme
Anyone interested in joining our volunteer team for these and subsequent open days or to help with our regular Thursday gardening sessions will be most welcome and should email email@example.com or leave a message on 01371 876979. Further information about the openings is also available from these sources as well as on the website at eastonlodge.co.uk.
The Gardens of Easton Lodge are located just outside Great Dunmow in Little Easton, off the B184 (Great Dunmow to Saffron Walden road). Follow the brown heritage signs.