Saffron Walden Town Council calls for pay-on-exit parking in town
PAY on exit parking is now the preferred option of Saffron Walden Town Council.
Members voted to recommend to Uttlesford District Council (UDC), responsible for car parks in the town, that the policy replace that of the current pay and display method.
The motion was proposed by Cllr Nick Osborne at a full council meeting last Thursday (September 12), who said it would benefit businesses and residents.
He told members introducing pay on exit parking as part of the refurbishment of Waitrose’s Fairycroft Road car park, due for completion next June, would be a start.
Although Cllr Osborne accepted it would be too expensive to introduce it at Swan Meadow, he said: “We should pass on to UDC that it is our view car parks in the town be moved to pay-on-exit instead of pay and display.”
You may also want to watch:
A working group was set up by UDC’s scrutiny commitee to look at current parking arrangements in the district and is expected to report back its findings later this year.
- 1 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 2 Thaxted Gardening and Craft Show winners revealed
- 3 Saffron Walden actress Tamara Lee Smart to star as Marilyn Monroe for one night in rehearsed play reading
- 4 Hatfield Heath air disaster memorial 'a symbol of UK-US unity'
- 5 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 6 Cash boost for plan to plant 350,000 trees in Essex
- 7 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 8 Saffron Striders take advantage of late summer warmth to stretch their legs far and wide
- 9 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 10 'Do you enjoy singing and making new friends?' - Church holding taster session for its junior choir