Saffron Walden Town Council joins forces with residents’ campaign group to fight Kier Appeal
- Credit: Archant
Saffron Walden Town Council (SWTC) has confirmed it will be working with campaign group WeAreResidents.org to fight the controversial Kier Appeal.
In a press release issued last night (Thursdsay), the council stated:
“SWTC is working closely with the residents group, We Are Residents, to fight the Kier appeal in the most effective way and to support the many thousands of town residents who opposed this planning application.
“We are now joint Rule 6 participants which means that we will present our submissions as one group. The final documents that are required are being prepared and the group is discussing which experts to be called in to assist. The joint team will be ready for the Inquiry on December 9 at the UDC offices and as it is an open hearing, they are looking forward to seeing residents there.”
The announcement comes just over a week after Residents For Uttlesford (R4U), a new political party associated with WeAreResidents.org, entered the district’s political landscape.
You may also want to watch:
Opposition to the Kier development, which proposes the building of 300 homes east of Saffron Walden off Thaxted Road, continues, in spite of Uttlesford District Council (UDC) choosing not to fight the appeal in August this year.
The hearing on the housing development by Kier will take place at UDC offices on December 9, and is expected to last four days. Members of the public are welcome to attend.
- 1 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 4 Church praises members for 'fantastic' Harvest Time generosity
- 5 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 6 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 7 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 8 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 9 Jets and Falcons fly out of Stansted after their NFL London showdown
- 10 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess