Saffron Walden Town FC hoping to ‘nick a draw’ after tying up sponsorship deal with lingerie shop
- Credit: Archant
With Valentine’s Day looming on the horizon, Saffron Walden Town Football Club has announced that Eden Lake is to sponsor the club’s crunch home game against Ipswich Wanderers at the end of the month.
It is all part of the club’s mantra as a Community Benefit Society and the hope is many of the players and supporters will in return get behind the independent business.
Whether it’s gifts for their Valentine or a little something for themselves – thanks to a new line of men’s underwear–- joint owner of Eden Lake, Michelle Murray, is keen to raise awareness of what the Hill Street shop has to offer.
She told the Reporter it was also about “supporting local” so that both the club and independent businesses can prosper. “We have had a great response from people since we opened eight months ago but this is just another way of reminding people that we here. We don’t want men to feel intimidated about coming here because it’s a really friendly atmosphere and we can help them find their wife or partner something for Valentine’s Day,” Michelle said.
“We’ll be online in the next couple of weeks and have also made it easier for men by creating a ladies wish list, so their wife or partner can come in, choose something they like and we know what their size is.”
You may also want to watch:
The Bloods’ vice chairman, Martin Johnson, said the club would be promoting Eden Lake through its own Twitter feed and Facebook page, as well as encouraging players to do the same.
He said: “This will be the second match Eden Lake has sponsored and we’re keen for more businesses to follow suit. We’re not just a football club, we’re a Community Benefit Society, so we’re trying to help and work positively with local businesses.”
- 1 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 2 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 3 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 4 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 5 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 6 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
- 7 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 8 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 9 Stansted Airport's summer getaway flight figures
- 10 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
“Normally we’re more interested in draws than drawers but we can make an exception this time!”
The match, on January 25 at Catons Lane, has been dubbed ‘Super Saturday’ by the club because it’s likely to make or break their promotion push. Entry will be free for under 12s as The Bloods seek to rival their highest attendances of the season by attracting a bumper crowd to The Meadow.