Saffron Walden Town Football Club has refurbished clubhouse and new sponsor
- Credit: Saffron Walden Town Football Club
Saffron Walden Town Football Club has opened a refurbished clubhouse, and has gained a new sponsor.
Club chair Stuart Vant said: “We are delighted to have Saffron Building Society as our new club sponsor.
“It is fantastic to have such a great company involved with the club, this is exceptional news not just for the club and all the players, but the whole Saffron Walden community.
“This is going to be an amazing partnership as we finally have government backing to get the community back around the pitch and get local football back on the map. It’s going to be an amazing season for the Bloods!”
Claire Hunnable, Saffron’s community business partner, said: “I am delighted that Saffron Building Society have been able to support our local team – not just as spectators but as the club sponsor too.
“Our head office is in the town, we have a close affinity to the local community, and we can’t wait to be more involved with this great local team as they play in the Essex Senior League.”
Saffron Walden Town Football Club was formed in 1872 and is the oldest remaining club in Essex, and the 18th oldest in the world. The club has the 1sts, reserves and the Under 18s. The first team feature in the Essex senior league with fixtures due soon.
- 1 In pictures: Successful return of Walden's Late Night Christmas Shopping
- 2 In pictures: Santa's sleigh is in Saffron Walden
- 3 In pictures: The inaugural Santa Dash around Saffron Walden
- 4 Essex report into Covid deaths and residents with learning disabilities
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of terrorism offences at Stansted Airport
- 6 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 7 Family tribute to much-loved mum and grandma who died during Thaxted fire
- 8 Walking Football launches in Walden
- 9 District council: Free car parking between Christmas and January 3
- 10 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns