Saffron Walden Town Team launch ‘Talk Business’ initiative
The Saffron Walden Town team is launching ‘Talk Business’, a coffee get-together for town centre businesses.
These informal meetings over coffee will provide an opportunity for the team to discuss ways in which they can work together with the business community to help boost town centre trade and increase shopping footfall.
Petra Slack, chairman of the Saffron Walden Town Team, said: “This is the chance for us to discuss what events are coming up and to encourage local businesses to get involved and participate. It’s very much an informal gathering and we would love for as many local businesses to come along.
“We are also hoping that lots of new ideas and initiatives will be put forward which we can help deliver collectively for the greater good of the town and its trade.”
The monthly meeting with take place at various locations in the town centre – the first one is scheduled for Thursday (February 20) from 8-9.30am at the Mocha Cafe on Central Arcade.
You may also want to watch:
The first meeting agenda will cover: hanging baskets; independent retailer competitions; the Shop Watch Scheme; Easter promotions; and town events especially the Market Charter commemoration, the carnival and the Tour de France.
- 1 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 2 Tools collection is a huge success
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 A Big Deal for Fairycroft House as comedy club makes comeback
- 5 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
- 6 Things to do in June - from open gardens to live music and dancing
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after Broxted collision
- 8 Saffron Walden constituency could change shape in boundary review
- 9 New development plan for former Friends' School
- 10 Fête de la Musique returns to Walden - with nine music venues