Saffron Walden witnesses “best atmosphere yet” at late night Christmas shopping event
NUMBERS may have been down on previous years, but there was the “best atmosphere yet” at Saffron Walden’s late night Christmas shopping event on Friday.
Peter Riding, chairman of the Saffron Walden Initiative which organises the event, said: “A mild break in the recent cold weather meant that weather conditions were just right for this year’s Late Night Christmas Shopping event.
“Although numbers may have been down a little compared to some previous years, everyone said that it was the best atmosphere yet.
“The market traders were out in force and and there was a children’s roundabout. The Pure Sax group from the County High School provided the live music and the Musical Theatre Company supplied the carol singing.
“And the Round Table came up trumps with Father Christmas and his sleigh.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Riding added: “This annual event is very important for the many charities that have stalls and takes place thanks to the strong support given by the town council staff, the local police and the Reporter which deals with the stall bookings beforehand.”
- 1 Tools collection is a huge success
- 2 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 A Big Deal for Fairycroft House as comedy club makes comeback
- 5 Fête de la Musique returns to Walden - with nine music venues
- 6 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
- 7 Saffron Walden constituency could change shape in boundary review
- 8 Freedom Day has been delayed by up to four weeks
- 9 Motorcyclist in hospital after Broxted collision
- 10 Things to do in June - from open gardens to live music and dancing