Saffron Walden witnesses “best atmosphere yet” at late night Christmas shopping event
NUMBERS may have been down on previous years, but there was the “best atmosphere yet” at Saffron Walden’s late night Christmas shopping event on Friday.
Peter Riding, chairman of the Saffron Walden Initiative which organises the event, said: “A mild break in the recent cold weather meant that weather conditions were just right for this year’s Late Night Christmas Shopping event.
“Although numbers may have been down a little compared to some previous years, everyone said that it was the best atmosphere yet.
“The market traders were out in force and and there was a children’s roundabout. The Pure Sax group from the County High School provided the live music and the Musical Theatre Company supplied the carol singing.
“And the Round Table came up trumps with Father Christmas and his sleigh.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Riding added: “This annual event is very important for the many charities that have stalls and takes place thanks to the strong support given by the town council staff, the local police and the Reporter which deals with the stall bookings beforehand.”
- 1 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 2 NCTJ staff raise more than £7,000 for journalism bursary
- 3 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 4 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 5 England call-up for Max Malins after hat-trick in Saracens' demolition of Bath
- 6 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 7 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 8 Fine form continues with seven-up for effervescent Saffron Walden Town
- 9 Last-gasp heartbreak for Saffron Walden against unbeaten Ipswich
- 10 Church praises members for 'fantastic' Harvest Time generosity