Saffron Walden woman lands Marriott Hotels inspector job
A SAFFRON Walden woman has beaten thousands of other hopefuls to land the job of a hotel inspector. Caitlin Storey was chosen by Marriot Hotels to help ensure that the hotel group s newly-refurbished properties in East Anglia remain in top condition. The
A SAFFRON Walden woman has beaten thousands of other hopefuls to land the job of a hotel inspector.
Caitlin Storey was chosen by Marriot Hotels to help ensure that the hotel group's newly-refurbished properties in East Anglia remain in top condition.
The 28-year-old was hand-picked for the role by the UK's original hotel inspector, Ruth Watson, from almost 2000 entries submitted by the public explaining why they would make good hotel inspectors.
Her role will include complementary stays at refurbished hotels in the area. She will also experience all aspects of a typical guest stay.
You may also want to watch:
Caitlin said. "I am delighted that Marriott has chosen me as its hotel inspector for East Anglia. Running my own theatre company involves regular travel throughout the year so I am a well seasoned traveller and this is a fantastic opportunity for me to combine my experience of hotels with helping Marriott keep their refurbished properties to a high standard"
Equipped with a checklist, Caitlin will feedback her findings and experiences to Marriott, which will in turn help the hotel group to ensure standards remain high and meet the exacting needs of the general public.
- 1 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 2 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 3 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
- 4 New mayor, deputy mayor and leader appointed for town council
- 5 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 6 Old pirate ship climbing frame is removed for safety
- 7 New Walden mayor announces his charities for the year
- 8 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 9 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 10 Sir David Attenborough, JK Rowling inspire Debden
Marriott's 'hotel inspector' campaign is part of a wider strategy employed by Marriott Hotels to communicate the group's recent investment of �120 million in the renovation of several Hotels within its UK portfolio. The campaign launched in January of this year and is the first time a UK hotel group has called on the general public to help keep its portfolio to a high standard following a large investment in the product.
For more information visit marriott.co.uk/refurb