Saffron Walden woman to take part in Pink Ladies Tractor Run in honour of family friend
- Credit: Archant
A Saffron Walden woman will be joining hundreds of others on pink tractors for a 20-mile circuit in honour of a family friend.
Jenni Eastcott, 20, will next Sunday (July 5) take part in the Pink Ladies Tractor Road Run through Norfolk to raise money for Cancer Research UK’s breast cancer appeal in memory of family friend Jane Ingham.
“This is a charity very close to my heart as many pople are affected by this diseased, however more people are fighting and beating it,” Miss Eastcott said. “This can only be achieved through research which needs funding.”
In order to boost her fundraising, Miss Eastcott took a tractor to Saffron Walden town centre on June 13 where she raised £356.
For the run, P Tuckwells Ltd has provided a tractor for Miss Eastcott to drive. She also thanked RD Duke and Sons, NFU Mutual Insurance, Saks Hairdressers, Evergreen, Janet Riley, Craft Days, The Party Box, Millway Stationery, Homebase, Reve Flock, Organic Orchards and Michael Williams Engineering.
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: To support Jenni Eastcott, visit www.justgiving.com/jenni-eastcott.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 3 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 4 Covid booster vaccinations scheme is rolling out at pace
- 5 Researchers collaborate with students in protein art project
- 6 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 7 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 8 English Touring Opera coming to Saffron Hall with rarely performed Handel opera
- 9 County council promises arts boost for Essex
- 10 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital