Saffron Walden youngsters drum up interest ahead of Essex Young Farmers Country Show this Sunday (May 19)
- Credit: Archant
THE arrival of two tractors in the centre of Saffron Walden sparked excitement for youngsters.
Children clambered into the cabs for a better vantage point of both the Common and the Market Square last Saturday, as they joined members of the Ashdon & Saffron Walden Young Farmers group to find out more about farming.
The young farmers were in town to urge the community to come out and support the future of agriculture at a country show this Sunday – the only one of its kind in the country organised solely by young farmers.
Megan Butt, 20, from Finchingfield, was one of the members of the group who has helped organise the Essex Young Farmers Country Show at Boyton Hall in Roxwell.
She said: “It’s going to be a lot of fun for all the family so we hope as many people as possible can come and support all the young farmers in this area.
You may also want to watch:
“There will be lots of interesting things to do and see, from a motorbike stunt team, fun fair rides and farm animals, to a sheep show, horse stunt team and, of course, a beer festival, so there’s something for everybody.”
Brother and sister Samuel and Charlotte Darts, eight and five respectively, joined Megan in the tractor cab to have their photo taken.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Walden documentary maker inspires students with astronomy animation
- 3 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
- 4 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 5 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 6 Juniors the toast of Saffron Walden Golf Club after double championship success
- 7 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 8 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 9 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 10 5 of the best wedding venues in Essex