Saffron Walden youngsters sing and dance for charity
A GROUP of RA Butler Junior School children held a sing and dance performance in aid of two charities close to their hearts.
Gracie, Jasmine, Evie, Ollie and Josh had approached headteacher Gayle Mawson to see whether they were able to manage the event and hold it in the school hall.
The children spent more than six months planning and rehearsing their show and delivered it in front of an excited audience of children, parents and teachers. They sung hits from Lady Gaga, Robbie Williams and many more.
They sold handmade tickets and had a collection on the day.
They were delighted to raise a total of �100, which they will be sharing out between their chosen charities – CICRA (Crohn’s in Childhood Research Association) and Cancer Research UK.
Mrs Mawson said: “It’s wonderful to see such a group of determined and self-motivated children.
“They worked tirelessly to organise this show and delivered a superb performance.”
- 1 Uttlesford District Council row over £4m 'black hole'
- 2 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 3 In pictures: Burns Night at Walden's The Railway Arms
- 4 Plan to ease congestion at M11 junction 8 gets underway
- 5 Walden's Wizard of Oz snowflake trail winner is crowned
- 6 Stansted Airport boss confident that passenger numbers will rally
- 7 Radical women of Saffron Walden walking tour
- 8 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 9 Suspected crowbar assault leaves Stansted driver with serious injuries
- 10 Cambridge Literary Festival is back with first names announced for spring 2022 showpiece
n FATHER and Mother Christmas opened the magical Advent Fair at RA Butler Schools on Friday November 26.
Tinsel and lights sparkled during the fun filled evening, while Santa was busy in his Grotto.
Festive food and drinks were on offer to provide sustenance to those visiting the many Advent stalls.
The schools’ PTA, FoRAB thanked everyone who supported the fair and who helped raise �3200 towards school funds.