Saffron Walden youngsters sing and dance for charity
A GROUP of RA Butler Junior School children held a sing and dance performance in aid of two charities close to their hearts.
Gracie, Jasmine, Evie, Ollie and Josh had approached headteacher Gayle Mawson to see whether they were able to manage the event and hold it in the school hall.
The children spent more than six months planning and rehearsing their show and delivered it in front of an excited audience of children, parents and teachers. They sung hits from Lady Gaga, Robbie Williams and many more.
They sold handmade tickets and had a collection on the day.
They were delighted to raise a total of �100, which they will be sharing out between their chosen charities – CICRA (Crohn’s in Childhood Research Association) and Cancer Research UK.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Mawson said: “It’s wonderful to see such a group of determined and self-motivated children.
“They worked tirelessly to organise this show and delivered a superb performance.”
- 1 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on June 24, 2021
- 2 In pictures: Success for Fête de la Musique 2021
- 3 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 4 Two teachers smash fundraising target in charity cycle challenge
- 5 Time to teach 'pandemic puppies' new tricks, charity says
- 6 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 7 Why we refer to 'a pair' of knickers
- 8 When Covid-19 restrictions lift, will we ever shake hands again?
- 9 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 10 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
n FATHER and Mother Christmas opened the magical Advent Fair at RA Butler Schools on Friday November 26.
Tinsel and lights sparkled during the fun filled evening, while Santa was busy in his Grotto.
Festive food and drinks were on offer to provide sustenance to those visiting the many Advent stalls.
The schools’ PTA, FoRAB thanked everyone who supported the fair and who helped raise �3200 towards school funds.