Saffron Walden youngsters to bag pack in Tesco for charity
YOUNGSTERS will be packing shoppers’ bags at a Saffron Walden supermarket later this month to raise money for the Hastingwood-based charity Accuro.
Members of Accuro’s Under 19’s Youth Club will be at the town’s Tesco store between 10am and 2pm on Saturday May 18.
Helen Upton, Accuro’s events co-ordinator, said: “It is great that the youth club members will be out in the community helping local people and at the same time raising the profile of the charity.
“We wish them all the best.
“Accuro relies on charity donations to help us continue our work and we are most grateful to organisations which want to support us in such a way.”
You may also want to watch:
Accuro operates throughout west Essex (Epping Forest, Harlow and Uttlesford) supporting people of all ages with a disability and providing short breaks for their families and carers.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Students share their views on school curriculum
- 3 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
- 4 Operation Trespass will highlight drugs gangs cuckooing efforts
- 5 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 6 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 7 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 8 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 9 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 10 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event