Saffron Walden Youth Outreach Project AGM
THE Saffron Walden Youth Outreach Project will be holding its AGM for 2009 at the Golden Acre Community Centre, Ross Close on Wednesday January 27. Following the 2008-09 Mayor s Appeal, the charity has started two new projects – a popular Thursday night y
THE Saffron Walden Youth Outreach Project will be holding its AGM for 2009 at the Golden Acre Community Centre, Ross Close on Wednesday January 27.
Following the 2008-09 Mayor's Appeal, the charity has started two new projects - a popular Thursday night youth group at the community centre, and youth outreach work with young people at the One Minet Skatepark.
It also continues to support Open Door, a free and confidential counselling service for young people in the Saffron Walden area.
Chairman of the Youth Outreach Project, Cllr Mike Hibbs, said: "I am very grateful for all the support shown to last year's Mayor's Appeal. Although we have volunteers to administer the projects and help run the youth group, we are committed to using the trained and experienced youth workers who can make a huge and very positive difference to the way young people feel about themselves and their community.
You may also want to watch:
"We will always be in need of donations and grants to fund this important work."
The AGM starts at 8pm. Anyone interested in becoming involved in the Youth Outreach Project is very welcome to attend. For further information, contact Cllr Hibbs on 01799 523660 (daytime) or 01799 525205 (evenings).
- 1 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 2 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 3 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 4 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 5 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 6 Stations benefit from funding
- 7 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 8 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 9 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 10 New book features illustrations of Bridge End Garden