Saffron Walden Youth Outreach Project AGM
THE Saffron Walden Youth Outreach Project will be holding its AGM for 2009 at the Golden Acre Community Centre, Ross Close on Wednesday January 27. Following the 2008-09 Mayor s Appeal, the charity has started two new projects – a popular Thursday night y
THE Saffron Walden Youth Outreach Project will be holding its AGM for 2009 at the Golden Acre Community Centre, Ross Close on Wednesday January 27.
Following the 2008-09 Mayor's Appeal, the charity has started two new projects - a popular Thursday night youth group at the community centre, and youth outreach work with young people at the One Minet Skatepark.
It also continues to support Open Door, a free and confidential counselling service for young people in the Saffron Walden area.
Chairman of the Youth Outreach Project, Cllr Mike Hibbs, said: "I am very grateful for all the support shown to last year's Mayor's Appeal. Although we have volunteers to administer the projects and help run the youth group, we are committed to using the trained and experienced youth workers who can make a huge and very positive difference to the way young people feel about themselves and their community.
You may also want to watch:
"We will always be in need of donations and grants to fund this important work."
The AGM starts at 8pm. Anyone interested in becoming involved in the Youth Outreach Project is very welcome to attend. For further information, contact Cllr Hibbs on 01799 523660 (daytime) or 01799 525205 (evenings).
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 3 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 4 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 5 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
- 6 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 7 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 8 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 9 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 10 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending