Sainsbury’s plan: Dunmow panel wants heavy lorries re-routed
A SPECIAL panel set up to look at ways of stopping large lorries driving through narrow village streets has delivered its conclusions.
Members of Dunmow Town Council started the working group at the start of the year after plans for a new Sainsbury’s store in Saffron Walden revealed that large delivery lorries will be routed through Great Dunmow, Great Easton and Thaxted.
The panel has met on a number of occasions and has also been in discussion with counterparts in the other two villages – all have decided to object to the plans in the strongest possible way.
A spokesman said: “Because of the short timescale we have had to quickly draw up a letter of objection and we will be keeping a close eye on the application.
“A joint letter from all the parishes involved has been submitted to the planning authority.”
You may also want to watch:
WHAT do you think? E-mail us at email@example.com
- 1 Extension lead warning after fatal fire in Saffron Walden
- 2 New Stansted business park could support more than 3,000 jobs
- 3 Remembrance parade will take place, says town council
- 4 Saffron Walden Town through in FA Vase after dramatic ending
- 5 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 6 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 7 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 8 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 9 Aviation day out at Audley End for west Essex Scouts groups
- 10 From Star Wars to Cambridge Arts Theatre... Actor Ian McDiarmid talks about The Lemon Table