Sainsbury’s plan: Dunmow panel wants heavy lorries re-routed
A SPECIAL panel set up to look at ways of stopping large lorries driving through narrow village streets has delivered its conclusions.
Members of Dunmow Town Council started the working group at the start of the year after plans for a new Sainsbury’s store in Saffron Walden revealed that large delivery lorries will be routed through Great Dunmow, Great Easton and Thaxted.
The panel has met on a number of occasions and has also been in discussion with counterparts in the other two villages – all have decided to object to the plans in the strongest possible way.
A spokesman said: “Because of the short timescale we have had to quickly draw up a letter of objection and we will be keeping a close eye on the application.
“A joint letter from all the parishes involved has been submitted to the planning authority.”
You may also want to watch:
WHAT do you think? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 2 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 3 Families take part in Gain the Miles challenge
- 4 Town council backs new support club
- 5 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 6 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 7 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 8 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 9 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 10 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list