Sausage from Saffron Walden butcher’s receives five-banger rating
- Credit: Archant
A secret recipe sausage from a butcher’s in Saffron Walden has been given a five-banger rating on an independent website dedicated to the delicacy.
The King Street sausage, from Burton’s Butchers, received a glowing report on www.sausagereview.co.uk, which reviews different bangers from around the country.
The sausage, which is 80% free range Blythburgh pork, is added with Burton’s secret spices and seasoning recipe to give it more of a kick than the traditional banger.
Only two other sausages on the site have so far received the rating, and shop manager Ashley Hammond said the King Street will be among four variations that Burton’s have entered into the Great British Sausage Week competition, with the first round results expected next week.
Mr Hammond, 28, said: “We’re really pleased about the award on the website. We take pride in our sausages, so to get some recognition is great.
You may also want to watch:
“Over 700 entries have been received for the sausage week competition, which is judged by Michel Roux Jr, and I’m hopeful that the ones we’ve put forward will do well.”
The Great British Sausage Week runs from November 2-8 and you can read the review of the King Street sausage at www.sausagereview.co.uk.
- 1 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 2 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 3 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 4 Church praises members for 'fantastic' Harvest Time generosity
- 5 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 6 Jets and Falcons fly out of Stansted after their NFL London showdown
- 7 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 8 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 9 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road
- 10 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess