School Glee Club performs at 02 Arena
A PRIMARY school Glee club has performed alongside children from across the country at the O2 Arena in London.
Schoolchildren at Hatfield Heath Primary School sung in green glittery bowler hats to help parents and teachers tell them apart from the other schools taking part in the Young Voices event.
Assistant headteacher Claire Jackman, who runs the glee club, said it was the children’s idea to start the singing group – which includes 46 pupils aged 8-11.
“It was an absolutely amazing evening and a fantastic opportunity for the children to join more than 8,000 pupils from schools up and down the country,” she said.
“About 66 parents and family members came to watch the concert from Hatfield Heath Primary School alone, and it was a brilliant experience for the children – many of whom had never been to the 02 Arena before.”
You may also want to watch:
According to Young Voices – which is the largest school choir organiser in the world – more than 2,500 schools, 90,000 children, 6,000 teachers and 120,000 family and friends have been brought together to enjoy music and celebrate singing at the events every year.
- 1 Conservative MP David Amess dies after being stabbed in Essex constituency
- 2 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 3 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 4 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 5 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 6 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Thaxted - Carver Scout Group visit an Apache helicopter
- 9 County council commits to better deal for care workers
- 10 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches