Science quiz success for Saffron Walden pupils
- Credit: Archant
“Excellent scientific knowledge” has helped a team of pupils from Dame Bradbury’s to qualify for the semi-finals of an inter-school national quiz.
Seven teams from four primary schools – Dame Bradbury’s, Friends’, St John’s Cambridge and King’s Ely – took part in local area heat of the Quiz Club Years 5 & 6 Science Inter-School Championship... and the competition was fierce.
Not only did the children have to answer 40 questions, they also had to work as a team to vote strategically on answers they were unsure of.
The competition is presented by a professional quizmaster, with players using a personal wireless handset to make their answers to multiple choice science questions. Questions ranged from the solar system to the smallest creatures on earth, from an understanding of the human body to the great scientific discoveries throughout history.
Lucy Bullen-Smith, Dame Bradbury’s science subject leader, said: “It was a very exciting competition. It gave the children the opportunity to show their excellent scientific knowledge and to compete in a friendly but challenging atmosphere.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re looking forward to the semi-finals in Chelmsford.”
- 1 Walden club requests you donate your unwanted tools
- 2 Holidaymakers fly abroad again out of Stansted Airport
- 3 Award for carpentry apprentice who follows her father into the industry
- 4 Mayor presents vouchers to help foodbank clients
- 5 Hoarding can cause higher risk of fire, says emergency service
- 6 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 7 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 8 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 9 'No link' between postponed Essex weddings and registrars’ consultation
- 10 Vaccine does work against Indian variant, says health secretary