Science quiz success for Saffron Walden pupils
- Credit: Archant
“Excellent scientific knowledge” has helped a team of pupils from Dame Bradbury’s to qualify for the semi-finals of an inter-school national quiz.
Seven teams from four primary schools – Dame Bradbury’s, Friends’, St John’s Cambridge and King’s Ely – took part in local area heat of the Quiz Club Years 5 & 6 Science Inter-School Championship... and the competition was fierce.
Not only did the children have to answer 40 questions, they also had to work as a team to vote strategically on answers they were unsure of.
The competition is presented by a professional quizmaster, with players using a personal wireless handset to make their answers to multiple choice science questions. Questions ranged from the solar system to the smallest creatures on earth, from an understanding of the human body to the great scientific discoveries throughout history.
Lucy Bullen-Smith, Dame Bradbury’s science subject leader, said: “It was a very exciting competition. It gave the children the opportunity to show their excellent scientific knowledge and to compete in a friendly but challenging atmosphere.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re looking forward to the semi-finals in Chelmsford.”
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 3 Covid booster jab sessions due to start at Lord Butler
- 4 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 5 Andy Scott's Chornic Kidney Disease story
- 6 Astronomy: What to look for in the sky this September
- 7 Reflections: A World War One soldier who was killed in battle
- 8 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 9 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 10 Saffron Walden all set for big green festival