Science quiz success for Saffron Walden pupils
- Credit: Archant
“Excellent scientific knowledge” has helped a team of pupils from Dame Bradbury’s to qualify for the semi-finals of an inter-school national quiz.
Seven teams from four primary schools – Dame Bradbury’s, Friends’, St John’s Cambridge and King’s Ely – took part in local area heat of the Quiz Club Years 5 & 6 Science Inter-School Championship... and the competition was fierce.
Not only did the children have to answer 40 questions, they also had to work as a team to vote strategically on answers they were unsure of.
The competition is presented by a professional quizmaster, with players using a personal wireless handset to make their answers to multiple choice science questions. Questions ranged from the solar system to the smallest creatures on earth, from an understanding of the human body to the great scientific discoveries throughout history.
Lucy Bullen-Smith, Dame Bradbury’s science subject leader, said: “It was a very exciting competition. It gave the children the opportunity to show their excellent scientific knowledge and to compete in a friendly but challenging atmosphere.
“We’re looking forward to the semi-finals in Chelmsford.”
- 1 Driver shortage leaves Walden pupil without school transport
- 2 Suspected crowbar assault leaves Stansted driver with serious injuries
- 3 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 4 Solar farm planning application near Thaxted
- 5 Data reveals distracted drivers repeatedly caught in Essex
- 6 Plans for 18 houses in Countryside Protection Zone near Stansted Airport
- 7 Police appeals into two Uttlesford incidents
- 8 Essex: More Electric Vehicles needed to meet goals
- 9 Saffron Walden youngsters show grit in defeat to Wymondham
- 10 easyJet: 'We don't have plans for more routes from Stansted'