Scouts have spring in their heels
MEMBERS of the Saffron Walden Scout District put their best foot forward for their annual Spring Challenge Walking Weekend. Two cubs, 25 scouts, 14 explorer scouts, 11 leaders and 18 parents and helpers travelled to the South Down in Sussex to complete th
MEMBERS of the Saffron Walden Scout District put their best foot forward for their annual Spring Challenge Walking Weekend.
Two cubs, 25 scouts, 14 explorer scouts, 11 leaders and 18 parents and helpers travelled to the South Down in Sussex to complete the walk, which consisted of a 21-mile hike inside 12 hours for the scouts and a 26-mile walk in 12 hours for the explorers.
One elite group also took on a personal challenge to complete a route of 40 miles.
First Saffron Walden scout leader, Kevin Rule, one of the organisers of the weekend, said: "Everyone showed great stamina and motivation during the weekend. District events like these promote great teamwork and helps people make new friendships, which is what scouts is all about."
You may also want to watch:
Anyone between the age of six and 18, or any adults, who wish to join the scout movement should contact Andy Player on 07979 247128.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 4 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 5 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 6 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 7 BID hears that shopping locally in Covid pandemic has helped Walden
- 8 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 9 Former Mayor looking forward to lockdown easing
- 10 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections