Scouts have spring in their heels
MEMBERS of the Saffron Walden Scout District put their best foot forward for their annual Spring Challenge Walking Weekend. Two cubs, 25 scouts, 14 explorer scouts, 11 leaders and 18 parents and helpers travelled to the South Down in Sussex to complete th
MEMBERS of the Saffron Walden Scout District put their best foot forward for their annual Spring Challenge Walking Weekend.
Two cubs, 25 scouts, 14 explorer scouts, 11 leaders and 18 parents and helpers travelled to the South Down in Sussex to complete the walk, which consisted of a 21-mile hike inside 12 hours for the scouts and a 26-mile walk in 12 hours for the explorers.
One elite group also took on a personal challenge to complete a route of 40 miles.
First Saffron Walden scout leader, Kevin Rule, one of the organisers of the weekend, said: "Everyone showed great stamina and motivation during the weekend. District events like these promote great teamwork and helps people make new friendships, which is what scouts is all about."
You may also want to watch:
Anyone between the age of six and 18, or any adults, who wish to join the scout movement should contact Andy Player on 07979 247128.
- 1 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 2 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 3 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 4 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 5 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 6 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 7 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 8 Church praises members for 'fantastic' Harvest Time generosity
- 9 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road
- 10 Council to debate 'underperforming' planning service