Search starts for Miss Universe Essex
YOUNG women from Essex are being offered the chance to represent Great Britain at Miss Universe next year following the launch of an inaugural countywide event.
The winner of Miss Universe Essex will go on to represent the region in the grand final of Miss Universe Great Britain in May 2012. The overall titleholder will travel to an exotic location to represent the country at Donald Trump’s Miss Universe finals.
Paula Abbandonato, from event organisers Vibe, said: “The Miss Universe experience provides a wonderful experience for young women to make new friends, grow in self-esteem, have great fun and do some good work for worthy causes.”
To enter the Miss Universe Essex competition, apply on line at missuniversegb.co.uk. Entrants should hold a British passport, be between 18-27 years old and should never have been married or had children.
The regional final will take place in early autumn.
You may also want to watch:
The current Miss Universe GB is Chloe-Beth Morgan, aged 25 from South Wales. Chloe-Beth will be representing Great Britain at Miss Universe in Brazil in September.
- 1 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 2 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 3 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 4 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 5 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 6 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 7 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 8 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 9 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 10 Town council challenges water softening decision