Search starts for Miss Universe Essex
YOUNG women from Essex are being offered the chance to represent Great Britain at Miss Universe next year following the launch of an inaugural countywide event.
The winner of Miss Universe Essex will go on to represent the region in the grand final of Miss Universe Great Britain in May 2012. The overall titleholder will travel to an exotic location to represent the country at Donald Trump’s Miss Universe finals.
Paula Abbandonato, from event organisers Vibe, said: “The Miss Universe experience provides a wonderful experience for young women to make new friends, grow in self-esteem, have great fun and do some good work for worthy causes.”
To enter the Miss Universe Essex competition, apply on line at missuniversegb.co.uk. Entrants should hold a British passport, be between 18-27 years old and should never have been married or had children.
The regional final will take place in early autumn.
You may also want to watch:
The current Miss Universe GB is Chloe-Beth Morgan, aged 25 from South Wales. Chloe-Beth will be representing Great Britain at Miss Universe in Brazil in September.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 6 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 7 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold
- 8 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 9 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 10 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'