Services slowly returning to normal at Stansted Airport after National Express East Anglia strikes s
TRAIN services are slowly getting back to normal across the National Express East Anglia (NXEA) network today (Friday) after strike action was suspended.Members of the ASLEF, RMT and TSSA unions had begun a third 48-hour strike on Thursday as part of a
TRAIN services are slowly getting back to normal across the National Express East Anglia (NXEA) network today (Friday) after strike action was suspended.
Members of the ASLEF, RMT and TSSA unions had begun a third 48-hour strike on Thursday as part of a long-running dispute over pay and conditions.
However, action was suspended at midnight last night after a new pay deal was agreed, following three days of talks at ACAS.
There are still delays across the network today as services resume and passengers should expect some cancellations and delays this morning.
Bob Crow, RMT general secretary, said: "No one should be in any doubt that this improved offer has been won through the commitment and determination of our members on NXEA to secure a fair deal. It's their sacrifice over the past three weeks that has forced the companies hand and they can be proud of what they have achieved.
"RMT members have shown again that working people do not have to be the victims of an economic crisis that was cooked up by the politicians and the bankers. RMT members on NXEA have shown that if we stand strong and united we can win."
- 1 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 2 e-comics and creative writing help from Essex libraries
- 3 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 4 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 5 Hidden secrets, free medals, live jazz for Platinum Jubilee
- 6 Sue Gray report finds lockdown party behaviour was 'unacceptable'
- 7 Saffron Walden girls enjoy first festival outing
- 8 'Cat bite could have killed me': Many operations for rescuer
- 9 Platinum Jubilee: Uttlesford street party and activities
- 10 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
Andrew Chivers, managing director of NXEA, said: "We're pleased to be able to advise our customers that the industrial action by the ASLEF, RMT and TSSA unions has been suspended.
"We would like to thank our customers for their patience during the industrial action."
Send your views on the train strikes to email@example.com