Services slowly returning to normal at Stansted Airport after National Express East Anglia strikes s
TRAIN services are slowly getting back to normal across the National Express East Anglia (NXEA) network today (Friday) after strike action was suspended.Members of the ASLEF, RMT and TSSA unions had begun a third 48-hour strike on Thursday as part of a
TRAIN services are slowly getting back to normal across the National Express East Anglia (NXEA) network today (Friday) after strike action was suspended.
Members of the ASLEF, RMT and TSSA unions had begun a third 48-hour strike on Thursday as part of a long-running dispute over pay and conditions.
However, action was suspended at midnight last night after a new pay deal was agreed, following three days of talks at ACAS.
There are still delays across the network today as services resume and passengers should expect some cancellations and delays this morning.
You may also want to watch:
Bob Crow, RMT general secretary, said: "No one should be in any doubt that this improved offer has been won through the commitment and determination of our members on NXEA to secure a fair deal. It's their sacrifice over the past three weeks that has forced the companies hand and they can be proud of what they have achieved.
"RMT members have shown again that working people do not have to be the victims of an economic crisis that was cooked up by the politicians and the bankers. RMT members on NXEA have shown that if we stand strong and united we can win."
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 3 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 4 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 5 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 6 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 7 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 8 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 9 Stop Stansted Expansion campaign group to rebrand
- 10 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
Andrew Chivers, managing director of NXEA, said: "We're pleased to be able to advise our customers that the industrial action by the ASLEF, RMT and TSSA unions has been suspended.
"We would like to thank our customers for their patience during the industrial action."
Send your views on the train strikes to firstname.lastname@example.org