Sewards End Open Gardens raising funds for Accuro’s Saturday Play Club
- Credit: Archant
The annual Open Gardens event in Sewards End will take place on Sunday (June 15), from 2pm to 6pm.
All proceeds this year will be donated to Accuro’s Saturday Play Club, a short break facility held at Dame Bradbury’s School in Saffron Walden for children with a disability between the age of six to 16 who reside in the Uttlesford area.
Saturday Play Club leader, Cath Read, said: “We are so grateful that Sewards End have chosen us as their charity this year.
“Our specialised service requires that we have a high staff/child ratio and consequently our running costs are reasonably high. Due to government cut backs in funding for our type of service over the last three years, we now rely heavily on donations and fundraising.”
Twelve gardens will be open and there will also be a display of bee-keeping. Tickets are £5 per adult (children free) and can be purchased in the village on the day.
You may also want to watch:
As usual, teas and nursery grown plants will be on sale and there will be a quiz with an answer to be found in each garden.
The majority of the gardens are wheelchair accessible and guide dogs are very welcome.
- 1 Walden club requests you donate your unwanted tools
- 2 Holidaymakers fly abroad again out of Stansted Airport
- 3 Award for carpentry apprentice who follows her father into the industry
- 4 Mayor presents vouchers to help foodbank clients
- 5 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 6 Hoarding can cause higher risk of fire, says emergency service
- 7 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 8 Further registrars speak out in wedding consultation row
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 10 'No link' between postponed Essex weddings and registrars’ consultation