Sexual assault on Stansted Express: CCTV images released
BRITISH Transport Police (BTP) has issued CCTV images in connection with an ongoing investigation into a sexual assault on board a Stansted Express train between Tottenham Hale and Liverpool Street stations. The female victim was traveling on a train at
BRITISH Transport Police (BTP) has issued CCTV images in connection with an ongoing investigation into a sexual assault on board a Stansted Express train between Tottenham Hale and Liverpool Street stations.
The female victim was traveling on a train at around 9.40pm on Friday August 7 when she was approached by a black male.
The male leant over her and placed his hand inside her bag before the victim pulled the bag away from him.
The male then proceeded to make suggestive remarks towards her before touching her indecently.
You may also want to watch:
The victim pushed the male away and he became verbally abusive and shouted at her. Both then departed the train at Liverpool Street station.
Police believe the male responsible could be from the north London, Hertfordshire or Essex areas.
- 1 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 2 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 3 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 4 Law firm gains Customer Service Excellence award
- 5 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 6 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
- 7 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 8 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 9 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 10 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
Investigating officer from BTP, Det Con Rory Durant said: "Although she was unharmed this was obviously a very distressing incident for the victim, who was simply trying to make her way home.
"We have reviewed CCTV and believe that the male pictured may be able to help us with our enquiries.
"Anyone with information, or who recognizes the male, should contact police."
The suspect is described as a black male, aged between 17 and 24, around 5ft 8ins tall and of slim build.
Anyone with information should contact BTP free on 0800 40 50 40 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.