Sexual ‘predator’ who preyed on young girls is jailed for four years
- Credit: Archant
AN Uttlesford man who had already been convicted of child sex offences has been jailed for four years after offending again.
Paul Taylor, 24, of Maynards Lane, Little Sampford, was jailed at Chelmsford Crown Court on Friday (July 12) for breaching a Sexual Offences Prevention Order (SOPO) and for engaging in sexual activity with a child.
Taylor, who committed the offences between July and August 2012, had been the subject of the SOPO after a previous conviction for sexual activity with a child.
Investigating officer Dc Mark Harrington said: “This conviction was the result of a joint investigation between the public protection unit and the north sexual offences investigation team.
“Taylor is a prolific offender and a predatory individual when it comes to young teenage girls. He ignored the terms of a SOPO previously imposed and as such the only logical sentence was a significant term in prison.
“Hopefully while in prison he will have every opportunity to engage in a programme of rehabilitation.”
Taylor received 12 months for breaching the SOPO and a further three years to run consecutively for two counts of sexual activity with a child.
- 1 Uttlesford Local Plan delay 'necessary' say councillors
- 2 Debden man fundraising for Mind with 480km walk
- 3 Wenden Junior Cricket Club embrace new cricket season
- 4 Teen arrested for 'terrorism offences' at Stansted Airport
- 5 Uttlesford new development could be triple the size of one refused
- 6 Tea party celebrates Saffron Walden Museum volunteers
- 7 The Railway Arms awarded CAMRA county pub of the year
- 8 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 9 Essex Eagles hit Glamorgan hard in Vitality Blast best
- 10 Barclays closing branches in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
He was made subject of a further lifetime SOPO with enhanced conditions.