Sexual ‘predator’ who preyed on young girls is jailed for four years
- Credit: Archant
AN Uttlesford man who had already been convicted of child sex offences has been jailed for four years after offending again.
Paul Taylor, 24, of Maynards Lane, Little Sampford, was jailed at Chelmsford Crown Court on Friday (July 12) for breaching a Sexual Offences Prevention Order (SOPO) and for engaging in sexual activity with a child.
Taylor, who committed the offences between July and August 2012, had been the subject of the SOPO after a previous conviction for sexual activity with a child.
Investigating officer Dc Mark Harrington said: “This conviction was the result of a joint investigation between the public protection unit and the north sexual offences investigation team.
“Taylor is a prolific offender and a predatory individual when it comes to young teenage girls. He ignored the terms of a SOPO previously imposed and as such the only logical sentence was a significant term in prison.
You may also want to watch:
“Hopefully while in prison he will have every opportunity to engage in a programme of rehabilitation.”
Taylor received 12 months for breaching the SOPO and a further three years to run consecutively for two counts of sexual activity with a child.
- 1 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 2 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 5 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 6 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 7 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 8 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 9 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
- 10 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
He was made subject of a further lifetime SOPO with enhanced conditions.