Sexual ‘predator’ who preyed on young girls is jailed for four years
- Credit: Archant
AN Uttlesford man who had already been convicted of child sex offences has been jailed for four years after offending again.
Paul Taylor, 24, of Maynards Lane, Little Sampford, was jailed at Chelmsford Crown Court on Friday (July 12) for breaching a Sexual Offences Prevention Order (SOPO) and for engaging in sexual activity with a child.
Taylor, who committed the offences between July and August 2012, had been the subject of the SOPO after a previous conviction for sexual activity with a child.
Investigating officer Dc Mark Harrington said: “This conviction was the result of a joint investigation between the public protection unit and the north sexual offences investigation team.
“Taylor is a prolific offender and a predatory individual when it comes to young teenage girls. He ignored the terms of a SOPO previously imposed and as such the only logical sentence was a significant term in prison.
“Hopefully while in prison he will have every opportunity to engage in a programme of rehabilitation.”
Taylor received 12 months for breaching the SOPO and a further three years to run consecutively for two counts of sexual activity with a child.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 2 Government accused of 'grotesque waste of taxpayers' money' after Stansted flight
- 3 New vehicles to catch Essex's criminals on the county's fast roads
- 4 Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up announced for Hylands Park
- 5 In pictures: Burns Night at Walden's The Railway Arms
- 6 Uttlesford District Council row over £4m 'black hole'
- 7 Plan to ease congestion at M11 junction 8 gets underway
- 8 Miss Disco's Valentine's date with fans at Saffron Walden's football club
- 9 Celebrating 20th anniversary of Harry Potter at Saffron Screen
- 10 Stansted Airport boss confident that passenger numbers will rally
He was made subject of a further lifetime SOPO with enhanced conditions.