Homeowner injured during shed blaze in Saffron Walden
PUBLISHED: 15:26 24 June 2019 | UPDATED: 15:34 24 June 2019
Firefighters have warned homeowners not to try and tackle fires themselves following a blaze in Saffron Walden on Sunday.
Two crews from Saffron Walden fire station were called to reports of a shed fire in Goddard Way.
A spokesman for Essex County Fire and Rescue said: "On arrival, firefighters lead the home owners to safety as they were trying to tackle the fire themselves. Four breathing apparatus-wearers extinguished the fire and vented the house. One of the owners [was taken] to hospital suffering slight smoke inhalation and a suspected fractured ankle. Our crew administered first aid and oxygen therapy. Due to closed doors the fire was contained to just the shed and conservatory."
The spokesman added: "Remember, get out, call the fire brigade and stay out."
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Saffron Walden Reporter. Click the link in the orange box above for details.