Shoppers buy once and give twice at charity card shop in Saffron Walden
SHOPPERS in Saffron Walden can buy once and give twice at the Cards for Good Causes charity Christmas shop.
The shop, which sells charity cards across the UK every year, opened its doors yesterday (Wednesday).
Staffed by local volunteers, the shop is open Monday to Saturday from 10am-4pm (Wednesday from 9.30am-12.30pm) and will trade until December 16 at Saffron Walden Library.
Shoppers can buy cards from more than 30 charities including Alzheimer’s Society, East Anglia’s Children’s hospices and Essex Blind, giving customers a varied choice of designs and the ability to help the charity of their choice.
Area organiser Mary Cronin said: “We are delighted to be back in Saffron Walden. Everyone is so generous and really helps us raise more for our charities.
You may also want to watch:
“Charity cards are a great way to buy once and give twice – once to the person who receives the card and once to your favourite charity.”
Saffron Walden charity Christmas card shop is one of a national network of around 300 temporary shops.
- 1 Extension lead warning after fatal fire in Saffron Walden
- 2 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 3 Gardeners behind the best-kept Saffron Walden allotments named
- 4 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Food collection and seasonal songs at R A Butler's harvest festival
- 8 Team Max to hold fundraising auction for planned children's hospital
- 9 Covid booster vaccinations scheme is rolling out at pace
- 10 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book