Shoppers buy once and give twice at charity card shop in Saffron Walden
SHOPPERS in Saffron Walden can buy once and give twice at the Cards for Good Causes charity Christmas shop.
The shop, which sells charity cards across the UK every year, opened its doors yesterday (Wednesday).
Staffed by local volunteers, the shop is open Monday to Saturday from 10am-4pm (Wednesday from 9.30am-12.30pm) and will trade until December 16 at Saffron Walden Library.
Shoppers can buy cards from more than 30 charities including Alzheimer’s Society, East Anglia’s Children’s hospices and Essex Blind, giving customers a varied choice of designs and the ability to help the charity of their choice.
Area organiser Mary Cronin said: “We are delighted to be back in Saffron Walden. Everyone is so generous and really helps us raise more for our charities.
You may also want to watch:
“Charity cards are a great way to buy once and give twice – once to the person who receives the card and once to your favourite charity.”
Saffron Walden charity Christmas card shop is one of a national network of around 300 temporary shops.
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 In pictures: Fun raises community support cash
- 3 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 6 Town council welcomes Affinity Water U-turn as supplier announces surcharge
- 7 Shooting star: Coward-Holley's road to Tokyo 2020
- 8 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 9 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 10 It's A Very British Murder with TV historian Lucy Worsley at Cambridge Arts Theatre