Shoppers buy once and give twice at charity card shop in Saffron Walden
SHOPPERS in Saffron Walden can buy once and give twice at the Cards for Good Causes charity Christmas shop.
The shop, which sells charity cards across the UK every year, opened its doors yesterday (Wednesday).
Staffed by local volunteers, the shop is open Monday to Saturday from 10am-4pm (Wednesday from 9.30am-12.30pm) and will trade until December 16 at Saffron Walden Library.
Shoppers can buy cards from more than 30 charities including Alzheimer’s Society, East Anglia’s Children’s hospices and Essex Blind, giving customers a varied choice of designs and the ability to help the charity of their choice.
Area organiser Mary Cronin said: “We are delighted to be back in Saffron Walden. Everyone is so generous and really helps us raise more for our charities.
You may also want to watch:
“Charity cards are a great way to buy once and give twice – once to the person who receives the card and once to your favourite charity.”
Saffron Walden charity Christmas card shop is one of a national network of around 300 temporary shops.
- 1 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 2 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 3 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 4 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 5 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 6 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 7 Law firm gains Customer Service Excellence award
- 8 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 9 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 10 Thaxted Rangers boosted by Co-op donation