Shoppers urged to support Saffron Walden, Dunmow and Uttlesford stores on Small Business Saturday
- Credit: Archant
Shoppers are being urged to turn out in force to support Small Business Saturday.
The initiative, which encourages people to shop in independent retailers in their towns and villages, takes place on Saturday (December 5) and is being supported by Uttlesford District Council.
As part of the support, parking will be free all day at Lower Street Car Park in Stansted for the Frost Fayre.
People are being asked to share their experiences of shopping in the district on the council’s Facebook page.
Councillor Howard Ryles, portfolio lead member for economic development, said: “Small businesses are the lifeblood of our communities, and Small Business Saturday is a great way of highlighting the contribution they make. It is a celebration of small, independent shops and services on our doorstep.
“Although it takes place on what is traditionally one of the busiest days for shopping in the lead up to the festive season, the campaign is about more than just one day – it is about promoting and using small businesses all year round.
“We would encourage everyone to buy from and support local businesses whenever possible.”
- 1 4 inspirational women are celebrated in Newport
- 2 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 3 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 4 Hands-on archaeology, beacons and picnics: Platinum Jubilee
- 5 Obituary: On-call firefighter dedicated life to community
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 8 Voting together: Lib Dems and Greens join forces
- 9 Silent auction, live music, collection: Ukraine support
- 10 Queen, Alicia Keys and Diana Ross to star in BBC's Platinum Jubilee Party
The council has also set up a free i-marketing workshop to get businesses to start or improve their internet marketing,. It will be hosted by LGX Marketing at Fairycroft House, Saffron Walden, on Monday (December 7) from 9am to 1pm. Register at www.multiply.im/event/sw-seminar.
Business owners are also urged to take part in a survey, at www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/essextrainingneeds, to shape a training programme, which will start in January.