Sight charity hosts a family day in Saffron Walden
SAFFRON Walden-based charity Support 4 Sight is holding a family fun day on July 30. The event takes place at the charity s centre at 2-4 George Street, from 11am to 2pm. The event is free and is open to everyone, not just people affected with sight loss.
SAFFRON Walden-based charity Support 4 Sight is holding a family fun day on July 30.
The event takes place at the charity's centre at 2-4 George Street, from 11am to 2pm. The event is free and is open to everyone, not just people affected with sight loss.
Director of Support 4 Sight, Madeleine Cassidy, said: "The aim of the day is to raise awareness of the help available to youngsters with sight problems and show the children and their family members and friends around the centre.
"Sight loss can happen at any stage of life and affects young and old alike. We want to make families aware that help is at hand at Support 4 Sight. We also want to raise awareness of issues facing visual impaired people in West Essex."
Special guest Mr Rainbow, who has appeared in television series Child of our Time, will be entertaining children on the day. Other activities include meet a guide dog, play with talking computers, tactile board, write your name in Braille, toys and games.
A colouring competition is also being held and entries will be judged and prizes awarded. The closing date for entries is July 30 at 2pm - they can be sent to the Support 4 Sight centre, or brought along on the day.
- 1 Man in court over alleged 'fox-killing' during Puckeridge Hunt
- 2 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 3 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 4 Solar farm application decision is deferred
- 5 School activities and sports in pictures
- 6 Delayed Local Plan sparks Uttlesford development fears
- 7 Post Office: change of location in Newport
- 8 Dane's 10 day walk home with only a backpack
- 9 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 10 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
Support 4 Sight helps people throughout West Essex with sight loss and associated problems, by giving information, support and training. Its services include home visiting, computer training, social events, running information desks and supplying equipment through its resource centre.