Sight charity hosts a family day in Saffron Walden
SAFFRON Walden-based charity Support 4 Sight is holding a family fun day on July 30. The event takes place at the charity s centre at 2-4 George Street, from 11am to 2pm. The event is free and is open to everyone, not just people affected with sight loss.
SAFFRON Walden-based charity Support 4 Sight is holding a family fun day on July 30.
The event takes place at the charity's centre at 2-4 George Street, from 11am to 2pm. The event is free and is open to everyone, not just people affected with sight loss.
Director of Support 4 Sight, Madeleine Cassidy, said: "The aim of the day is to raise awareness of the help available to youngsters with sight problems and show the children and their family members and friends around the centre.
"Sight loss can happen at any stage of life and affects young and old alike. We want to make families aware that help is at hand at Support 4 Sight. We also want to raise awareness of issues facing visual impaired people in West Essex."
Special guest Mr Rainbow, who has appeared in television series Child of our Time, will be entertaining children on the day. Other activities include meet a guide dog, play with talking computers, tactile board, write your name in Braille, toys and games.
A colouring competition is also being held and entries will be judged and prizes awarded. The closing date for entries is July 30 at 2pm - they can be sent to the Support 4 Sight centre, or brought along on the day.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 2 Government accused of 'grotesque waste of taxpayers' money' after Stansted flight
- 3 New vehicles to catch Essex's criminals on the county's fast roads
- 4 Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up announced for Hylands Park
- 5 Plan to ease congestion at M11 junction 8 gets underway
- 6 Uttlesford District Council row over £4m 'black hole'
- 7 In pictures: Burns Night at Walden's The Railway Arms
- 8 Miss Disco's Valentine's date with fans at Saffron Walden's football club
- 9 Celebrating 20th anniversary of Harry Potter at Saffron Screen
- 10 Walden's Wizard of Oz snowflake trail winner is crowned
Support 4 Sight helps people throughout West Essex with sight loss and associated problems, by giving information, support and training. Its services include home visiting, computer training, social events, running information desks and supplying equipment through its resource centre.