Singin' in the Rain launches Silver Screen programme
AN initiative aimed at attracting more over 60s to the cinema is launching in Saffron Walden this weekend. Silver Screen is a new scheme run by independent cinema, Saffron Screen, to offer a more convenient time to older people. The first film in the bi-m
AN initiative aimed at attracting more over 60s to the cinema is launching in Saffron Walden this weekend.
Silver Screen is a new scheme run by independent cinema, Saffron Screen, to offer a more convenient time to older people.
The first film in the bi-monthly series will be Singin' in the Rain on Saturday January 9 at 11am.
A Saffron Screen spokesman said: "This is a glorious opportunity to see one of the greatest Hollywood musicals on the big screen, with Gene Kelly at his very best.
You may also want to watch:
"Singin' in the Rain features fabulous dance routines, great comedy and memorable songs for everyone to enjoy. What a perfect way to spend a winter day."
Silver Screen tickets are �3.50 for seniors, and �5.50 full price. Everyone attending will receive a free cup of tea or coffee, and biscuits will be available.
- 1 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 2 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 3 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 4 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 5 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 6 Thaxted Rangers boosted by Co-op donation
- 7 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 8 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 9 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
- 10 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
As this is the first of regularly scheduled Silver Screens, Saffron Screen would welcome any feedback and suggestions to improve the experience.
Tickets and information are available online at www.saffronscreen.com, from the Saffron Walden Tourist Information Centre on Market Square, or at the cinema box office.