Singin' in the Rain launches Silver Screen programme
AN initiative aimed at attracting more over 60s to the cinema is launching in Saffron Walden this weekend. Silver Screen is a new scheme run by independent cinema, Saffron Screen, to offer a more convenient time to older people. The first film in the bi-m
AN initiative aimed at attracting more over 60s to the cinema is launching in Saffron Walden this weekend.
Silver Screen is a new scheme run by independent cinema, Saffron Screen, to offer a more convenient time to older people.
The first film in the bi-monthly series will be Singin' in the Rain on Saturday January 9 at 11am.
A Saffron Screen spokesman said: "This is a glorious opportunity to see one of the greatest Hollywood musicals on the big screen, with Gene Kelly at his very best.
You may also want to watch:
"Singin' in the Rain features fabulous dance routines, great comedy and memorable songs for everyone to enjoy. What a perfect way to spend a winter day."
Silver Screen tickets are �3.50 for seniors, and �5.50 full price. Everyone attending will receive a free cup of tea or coffee, and biscuits will be available.
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 3 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 4 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 5 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 6 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 7 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 8 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 9 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 10 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
As this is the first of regularly scheduled Silver Screens, Saffron Screen would welcome any feedback and suggestions to improve the experience.
Tickets and information are available online at www.saffronscreen.com, from the Saffron Walden Tourist Information Centre on Market Square, or at the cinema box office.