Skate news for youngsters!
A NEW mini-park aimed at helping young and beginner skaters to develop their skills safely has been completed. The mini-park sits alongside the main One Minet Skatepark behind the Lord Butler Leisure Centre on Peaslands Road, Saffron Walden. Secretary of
A NEW mini-park aimed at helping young and beginner skaters to develop their skills safely has been completed.
The mini-park sits alongside the main One Minet Skatepark behind the Lord Butler Leisure Centre on Peaslands Road, Saffron Walden.
Secretary of the Skate Group, Jane Clarke, said: "This is the first concrete mini-park ever built and the construction was undertaken by Maverick Skatepark Builders.
"The design replicates the obstacles of the main skatepark but on a smaller scale and thus the younger children can graduate naturally on to the main park once they have found their feet and feel confident."
You may also want to watch:
The project was funded by Viridor Credits Environmental Company, the Essex County Council Children's Fund, the Youth Opportunity Fund and the National Lottery's Awards for All.
The funds also paid for the construction of a path suitable for disabled access, new benches, bins and additional landscaping.
- 1 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 2 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 3 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 4 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 5 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 6 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 7 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 8 What it was like travelling abroad during Covid
- 9 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 10 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
"The new benches will greatly benefit not only the parents and youngsters but the wider community who come to watch the fun," said Ms Clarke.
Children under 8 years old who want to use the mini-park must be accompanied by an adult and helmets must be worn; these can be obtained from the Skate Group at cost price, details are on the notice board at the skatepark.