Skate news for youngsters!
A NEW mini-park aimed at helping young and beginner skaters to develop their skills safely has been completed. The mini-park sits alongside the main One Minet Skatepark behind the Lord Butler Leisure Centre on Peaslands Road, Saffron Walden. Secretary of
A NEW mini-park aimed at helping young and beginner skaters to develop their skills safely has been completed.
The mini-park sits alongside the main One Minet Skatepark behind the Lord Butler Leisure Centre on Peaslands Road, Saffron Walden.
Secretary of the Skate Group, Jane Clarke, said: "This is the first concrete mini-park ever built and the construction was undertaken by Maverick Skatepark Builders.
"The design replicates the obstacles of the main skatepark but on a smaller scale and thus the younger children can graduate naturally on to the main park once they have found their feet and feel confident."
You may also want to watch:
The project was funded by Viridor Credits Environmental Company, the Essex County Council Children's Fund, the Youth Opportunity Fund and the National Lottery's Awards for All.
The funds also paid for the construction of a path suitable for disabled access, new benches, bins and additional landscaping.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold
- 3 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 4 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 5 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 6 Uttlesford action against speeding and anti-social behaviour
- 7 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 8 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 9 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 10 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
"The new benches will greatly benefit not only the parents and youngsters but the wider community who come to watch the fun," said Ms Clarke.
Children under 8 years old who want to use the mini-park must be accompanied by an adult and helmets must be worn; these can be obtained from the Skate Group at cost price, details are on the notice board at the skatepark.