Sleet and snow set for Uttlesford
- Credit: Getty Images/Hemera
Weather forecasters are predicting snow showers around Uttlesford as the temperature drops.
Residents woke this morning (Thursday) to find snow mixed with light rain and the Met Office says more “wet snow” is due later in the day.
Forecasters say further rain, sleet and snow is likely this evening, with strong winds and gales leading on to becoming clear in the early hours of Friday with widespread frost.
Tomorrow (Friday) will be “cold, crisp and frosty, perhaps with ice patches”.
The weekend will see a mixture of ran and snow showers, with hard frosts overnight and freezing fog, the experts said.
You may also want to watch:
The Met Office hasn’t issued any weather warnings for the area yet.
- 1 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 2 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 3 Saffron Screen's new Sunday night film season is For All The Brave Women
- 4 Saffron Walden book giveaway on The Lorax's 50th birthday
- 5 Essex newspapers are 'highly commended'
- 6 National award and recognition for work of a laughter specialist
- 7 Eco Market celebrates Essex's eco businesses on Great Big Green Week
- 8 Purse stolen from shopper's bag in Aldi supermarket, Walden
- 9 Audley End apple festival is this weekend
- 10 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings