Sleet and snow set for Uttlesford
- Credit: Getty Images/Hemera
Weather forecasters are predicting snow showers around Uttlesford as the temperature drops.
Residents woke this morning (Thursday) to find snow mixed with light rain and the Met Office says more “wet snow” is due later in the day.
Forecasters say further rain, sleet and snow is likely this evening, with strong winds and gales leading on to becoming clear in the early hours of Friday with widespread frost.
Tomorrow (Friday) will be “cold, crisp and frosty, perhaps with ice patches”.
The weekend will see a mixture of ran and snow showers, with hard frosts overnight and freezing fog, the experts said.
You may also want to watch:
The Met Office hasn’t issued any weather warnings for the area yet.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 3 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 6 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
- 7 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 8 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 9 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 10 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100