Slideshow: Walkers wearing pink bras cause a stir in village
HUNDREDS of people donned pink bras and took part in a sponsored walk to help raise more than �9000 for a breast cancer charity. Almost 250 men, women and children took part in Widdington s five-mile Walk the Walk on Saturday. Setting off to the Chariots
HUNDREDS of people donned pink bras and took part in a sponsored walk to help raise more than �9000 for a breast cancer charity.
Almost 250 men, women and children took part in Widdington's five-mile Walk the Walk on Saturday.
Setting off to the Chariots of Fire soundtrack, the brave walkers made their way through the village and the surrounding footpaths of Widdington and Debden. Everyone was wearing a pink bra and carrying a pink helium balloon.
Walker Gary Dunnett said: "The event was a huge success with the walkers receiving a glass of pink fizz on their return.
You may also want to watch:
"The evening was great fun with a live band, barbeque and hog roast. In addition to the sponsorship by all the walkers the event was generously supported by local businesses."
Breast cancer charity Walk the Walk has been raising money since the first event was held in 1996. Since then it has gone from strength to strength raising millions of pounds to help fight breast cancer.
- 1 More than 600 want reopening of North Hall Road after nine months
- 2 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 3 Walden spruced up ahead of lockdown easing
- 4 Consultation launched ahead of Golden Acre Play Area upgrade
- 5 Residents and business owners celebrate April 12 reopenings
- 6 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 7 Walden market traders react to lockdown lifting
- 8 Saffron Walden Musical Theatre Company announces musicals
- 9 Homes plan could join Saffron Walden and Sewards End
- 10 Several trees cut down without permission from Saffron Walden garden
Since 2000 Walk the Walk has been backed by the Prince of Wales and in 2004 he became the charity's official patron.
For more information about Walk the Walk visit www.walkthewalk.org