Snowdrops bloom in the Essex Country Parks
- Credit: Archant
JUST a short walk through one of the Essex Country Parks will tell you that spring is finally here. A brief glimpse around the woodland of the county’s popular country parks will show you some stunning snowdrops in full bloom.
The anticipation of spring has long been in the air and now, finally, we can embrace the season and all that it brings with it. With spring pushing its way through the ground and with seasonal events aplenty, the parks are an ideal place to spend a few hours making the most of the open air and all that spring brings with it.
Just some of the forthcoming planned activities include a weekly nature club for preschool children - Puddleducks – at Great Notley and Danbury park.
The popular Stargazing event will be hosted at both Great Notley and Hadleigh country parks, and the monthly club for Young Rangers will also be ongoing at Danbury country park.
Spring will also bring plenty of outdoor Easter activities! This year the Essex Country Park’s are geared up with a whole host of events to keep everyone occupied over the four day weekend and beyond into the two week school break.
Alongside organised activities, families can also take part in ongoing self-led activities at any one of the country parks – including walking one of the self-led trails, triailing the outdoor gym, or getting involved in nationally organised Geocaching searches.
County Councillor Jeremy Lucas, cabinet member for Customer Services, Environment and Culture, said: “Spring is a season full of promise and vitality, and what better place to enjoy it than in one of the Essex Country Parks.
- 1 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 2 Stage times for Simple Minds' Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 3 Sir Tom Jones stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 4 'No barbecues' urge firefighters amid dry weather in north-west Essex
- 5 Elbow stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 6 Driving ban and unpaid work for Stansted man who punched police officers
- 7 No Stansted Express trains for five days in August
- 8 Set times for The Bootleg Beatles and From The Jam's Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 9 Walden Bikers break fundraising record at eighth birthday gathering
- 10 Author AJ Campbell to publish fourth novel
“The snowdrops are already in full bloom and the parks are looking forward to welcoming everyone in.”