Snowdrops bloom in the Essex Country Parks
- Credit: Archant
JUST a short walk through one of the Essex Country Parks will tell you that spring is finally here. A brief glimpse around the woodland of the county’s popular country parks will show you some stunning snowdrops in full bloom.
The anticipation of spring has long been in the air and now, finally, we can embrace the season and all that it brings with it. With spring pushing its way through the ground and with seasonal events aplenty, the parks are an ideal place to spend a few hours making the most of the open air and all that spring brings with it.
Just some of the forthcoming planned activities include a weekly nature club for preschool children - Puddleducks – at Great Notley and Danbury park.
The popular Stargazing event will be hosted at both Great Notley and Hadleigh country parks, and the monthly club for Young Rangers will also be ongoing at Danbury country park.
Spring will also bring plenty of outdoor Easter activities! This year the Essex Country Park’s are geared up with a whole host of events to keep everyone occupied over the four day weekend and beyond into the two week school break.
You may also want to watch:
Alongside organised activities, families can also take part in ongoing self-led activities at any one of the country parks – including walking one of the self-led trails, triailing the outdoor gym, or getting involved in nationally organised Geocaching searches.
County Councillor Jeremy Lucas, cabinet member for Customer Services, Environment and Culture, said: “Spring is a season full of promise and vitality, and what better place to enjoy it than in one of the Essex Country Parks.
- 1 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 2 New outreach Post Office for community
- 3 Uttlesford businesses 'disappointed' with Freedom Day delay
- 4 Saturday recital to mark 200th anniversary of Thaxted organ
- 5 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 6 Classical BRIT Award-winning Jess Gillam to play Saffron Hall
- 7 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 8 Caught on camera: Motorcyclist feared for life in near-miss
- 9 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 10 Why we refer to 'a pair' of knickers
“The snowdrops are already in full bloom and the parks are looking forward to welcoming everyone in.”