Special Constable roadshow to be held in Stansted
STANSTED Airport police station will be hosting a Special Constable roadshow on Monday April 6, from midday until 2pm.Special constables volunteer for four hours a week to provide a crucial link between the police and members of the public. Stansted Air
STANSTED Airport police station will be hosting a Special Constable roadshow on Monday April 6, from midday until 2pm.
Special constables volunteer for four hours a week to provide a crucial link between the police and members of the public.
Stansted Airport division's support manager, Insp Ian Coleman, said: "The roadshows are a great way to learn about being a special constable at Stansted.
"If you're interested in serving your community, the Essex Police Special Constabulary is a good way to learn new skills which can be used in all different areas of life."
You may also want to watch:
A special constable will face new challenges every day and really can make a difference within the community. The role is to assist the regular police force in meeting policing needs around the county.
Specials receive training to develop their skills in communication, quick-thinking, teamwork and coping with the unexpected. Once fully trained, they have the same powers as regular police officers.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 3 County council promises arts boost for Essex
- 4 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 5 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 6 Pets' Corner: Ben Fogle's plea over Bonfire Night
- 7 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 8 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches
- 9 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 10 5 of the best wedding venues in Essex
For more information, phone the Specials recruitment hotline on 01245 452277 or visit www.essex.police.co.uk/specials