Special Constable roadshow to be held in Stansted
STANSTED Airport police station will be hosting a Special Constable roadshow on Monday April 6, from midday until 2pm.Special constables volunteer for four hours a week to provide a crucial link between the police and members of the public. Stansted Air
STANSTED Airport police station will be hosting a Special Constable roadshow on Monday April 6, from midday until 2pm.
Special constables volunteer for four hours a week to provide a crucial link between the police and members of the public.
Stansted Airport division's support manager, Insp Ian Coleman, said: "The roadshows are a great way to learn about being a special constable at Stansted.
"If you're interested in serving your community, the Essex Police Special Constabulary is a good way to learn new skills which can be used in all different areas of life."
You may also want to watch:
A special constable will face new challenges every day and really can make a difference within the community. The role is to assist the regular police force in meeting policing needs around the county.
Specials receive training to develop their skills in communication, quick-thinking, teamwork and coping with the unexpected. Once fully trained, they have the same powers as regular police officers.
- 1 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 2 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 3 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 4 Law firm gains Customer Service Excellence award
- 5 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 6 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
- 7 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 8 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 9 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 10 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
For more information, phone the Specials recruitment hotline on 01245 452277 or visit www.essex.police.co.uk/specials