Special Constable roadshow to be held in Stansted
STANSTED Airport police station will be hosting a Special Constable roadshow on Monday April 6, from midday until 2pm.Special constables volunteer for four hours a week to provide a crucial link between the police and members of the public. Stansted Air
STANSTED Airport police station will be hosting a Special Constable roadshow on Monday April 6, from midday until 2pm.
Special constables volunteer for four hours a week to provide a crucial link between the police and members of the public.
Stansted Airport division's support manager, Insp Ian Coleman, said: "The roadshows are a great way to learn about being a special constable at Stansted.
"If you're interested in serving your community, the Essex Police Special Constabulary is a good way to learn new skills which can be used in all different areas of life."
You may also want to watch:
A special constable will face new challenges every day and really can make a difference within the community. The role is to assist the regular police force in meeting policing needs around the county.
Specials receive training to develop their skills in communication, quick-thinking, teamwork and coping with the unexpected. Once fully trained, they have the same powers as regular police officers.
- 1 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 2 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 3 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 4 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 5 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 6 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
- 7 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 8 Stansted Airport's summer getaway flight figures
- 9 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 10 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
For more information, phone the Specials recruitment hotline on 01245 452277 or visit www.essex.police.co.uk/specials