St Clare Hospice marks 20 years of care with a birthday bash, today (Monday April 12)
ST Clare Hospice will mark two decades of its history by throwing a party. Today (April 12) is exactly 20 years since the hospice Trust was registered with the charity commission.
ST Clare Hospice will mark two decades of its history by throwing a party.
Today (April 12) is exactly 20 years since the hospice Trust was registered with the charity commission.
And, to celebrate the milestone, around 100 guests, each connected to the charity, will attend a party bash. The highlight of the afternoon will be to release hundreds of sponsored balloons as part of an anniversary fundraising initiative.
Richard Cowie, chief executive (the third in the history of the charity), will give a speech thanking and praising the work and support of thousands of individuals from the local community in making St Clare Hospice what it is today.
You may also want to watch:
He is also expected to talk about the vision for the next decade and the Hastingwood charity's ambitious mission for caring for local people with life-limiting illnesses.
- 1 The number of Indian variant Covid cases in Uttlesford
- 2 Saffron Walden young triathletes dominate at national qualifier
- 3 'Children need a place to play' say residents in council homes debate
- 4 District heroes named in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 5 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 6 Tools collection is a huge success
- 7 Thousands waiting for hospital treatment in Essex
- 8 Bronze Age and Roman treasures go on display at museum
- 9 'We're not trying to target young people': e-scooter awareness drive
- 10 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral