St Clare Hospice marks 20 years of care with a birthday bash, today (Monday April 12)
ST Clare Hospice will mark two decades of its history by throwing a party. Today (April 12) is exactly 20 years since the hospice Trust was registered with the charity commission.
ST Clare Hospice will mark two decades of its history by throwing a party.
Today (April 12) is exactly 20 years since the hospice Trust was registered with the charity commission.
And, to celebrate the milestone, around 100 guests, each connected to the charity, will attend a party bash. The highlight of the afternoon will be to release hundreds of sponsored balloons as part of an anniversary fundraising initiative.
Richard Cowie, chief executive (the third in the history of the charity), will give a speech thanking and praising the work and support of thousands of individuals from the local community in making St Clare Hospice what it is today.
You may also want to watch:
He is also expected to talk about the vision for the next decade and the Hastingwood charity's ambitious mission for caring for local people with life-limiting illnesses.
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 Outdoor spaces help Uttlesford reclaim some normality
- 3 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 4 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 5 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 6 Robin Hood pantomime to celebrate Harlow Playhouse's 50th birthday this Christmas
- 7 National award and recognition for work of a laughter specialist
- 8 Purse stolen from shopper's bag in Aldi supermarket, Walden
- 9 Saffron Walden book giveaway on The Lorax's 50th birthday
- 10 'Not now, Bernard' - Children's concert to open Saffron Walden Symphony Orchestra's new season