St Clare bereavement cafes reopen - with new cafes being added
- Credit: St Clare Hospice
St Clare Hospice has reopened three of its Bereavement Cafés, with three more cafes opening in November.
They offer a space for people experiencing loss and bereavement to meet and connect with other people who have had similar experiences to their own, and they are free to attend.
During the pandemic, the hospice moved its Bereavement Cafés online, in order to carry on connecting and supporting people through their grief.
The three Bereavement Cafes now running in-person again:
- St Clare Hospice in Hastingwood, CM17 9JX, every Friday from 2pm to 3.30pm,
- Old Park Meadow Natural Burial Ground in North End near Dunmow, CM6 3PL on the third Wednesday of the month from 10am to 11.3am,
- Harlow's Potter Street Baptist Church, CM17 9AW on the last Saturday of the month from 10am to 11.30am.
Three new cafes will open in November. They include one at Saffron Walden starting on November 18, at Salvation Army, Abbey Lane. It will run from 10am to 2pm.
The new Bereavement Cafes are:
- 1 Stage times for Simple Minds' Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 2 Items worth three-figure sum 'stolen' from Holland and Barrett
- 3 Sir Tom Jones stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 4 Have your say on plan to build 233 homes in Saffron Walden
- 5 Saffron Walden Community Shed saves the day for charities in need
- 6 Uttlesford District Council to take part in energy rebate scheme
- 7 Elbow stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 8 Alice in Wonderland cast announced for Bridge End Gardens performances in Saffron Walden
- 9 No Stansted Express trains for five days in August
- 10 Simple Minds set for Audley End concert ahead of releasing new album Direction Of The Heart
- Harlow, starting on November 4: Youth Bereavement Café (aged 18-30), Phoenix Lounge, 3rd Floor, Harvey Centre, Harlow on the first Thursday of the month, from 7pm to 8.30pm,
- Epping, starting on November 8: Hemnall Street Social Club, 50 Hemnall Street, Epping, CM16 4LS on the second Monday of the month from 10am to 11.30am,
- Saffron Walden, starting on November 18: Salvation Army, 5 Abbey Lane, Saffron Walden CB10 1AG on the third Thursday of the month from 10am to 2pm.
St Clare Hospice is continuing to run its online Bereavement Café communities in tandem with the in-person cafés, both as Facebook groups and as Zoom meetings.
Find more information online at: stclarehospice.org.uk/bereavement-cafe