St Jude’s storm: Send us your pictures and videos - tell us what is happening in your area
- Credit: Archant
Essex police are responding to a number of calls from the public waking up to the effects of St Jude’s storm.
There have been a number of road blockages in Uttlesford being dealt with by councils, the police and the Highways Agency.
Trees are reported as being down in Saffron Walden, Henham, Ugley, Great Bardfield and Newport, the latter forcing the closure of London Road.
Residents in Stansted Mountfitchet were left without power and the M11 southbound was closed between J8 and J7 due to an overturned lorry.
Greater Anglia suspended all trains through Uttlesford and the firm has said services will not resume until 12pm today at the earliest.
You may also want to watch:
Flights at Stansted Airport are operating as normal but passengers have been advised to check latest flight information with airlines and allow extra time when travelling to the airport.
If you take any pictures or videos of the storm - and the aftermath - then please e-mail them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 2 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 3 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 4 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 5 Q&A: Former Uttlesford District Council leader Howard Rolfe
- 6 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 7 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 8 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 9 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 10 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show