St Jude’s storm: Send us your pictures and videos - tell us what is happening in your area
- Credit: Archant
Essex police are responding to a number of calls from the public waking up to the effects of St Jude’s storm.
There have been a number of road blockages in Uttlesford being dealt with by councils, the police and the Highways Agency.
Trees are reported as being down in Saffron Walden, Henham, Ugley, Great Bardfield and Newport, the latter forcing the closure of London Road.
Residents in Stansted Mountfitchet were left without power and the M11 southbound was closed between J8 and J7 due to an overturned lorry.
Greater Anglia suspended all trains through Uttlesford and the firm has said services will not resume until 12pm today at the earliest.
You may also want to watch:
Flights at Stansted Airport are operating as normal but passengers have been advised to check latest flight information with airlines and allow extra time when travelling to the airport.
If you take any pictures or videos of the storm - and the aftermath - then please e-mail them to us at email@example.com
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 3 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 4 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 5 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 6 Award-winning jazz singer Clare Teal and her sextet to play concert at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 7 Researchers collaborate with students in protein art project
- 8 County council promises arts boost for Essex
- 9 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
- 10 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing