St Mary's Church Saffron Walden re-launches its pram service
ST MARY S Church Saffron Walden has re-launched its regular service for young children, parents and carers - with the new name of St Mary s Tinies. It takes place every week during school term-times on Tuesdays from 2pm to 3pm. Tinies is a short and very
ST MARY'S Church Saffron Walden has re-launched its regular service for young children, parents and carers - with the new name of St Mary's Tinies.
It takes place every week during school term-times on Tuesdays from 2pm to 3pm.
Tinies is a short and very informal service in the church, with songs, a Bible story and simple prayers lasting about 20 minutes. It is followed by tea and chat, with craft and toys for the children, in the parish rooms.
All children under five are welcome, together with the adults looking after them.
You may also want to watch:
St Mary's Tinies was formally known as the Pram Service, and has been going now for over 15 years.
Leader Margaret Taylor said: "It is a privilege to get to know so many lovely parents, carers and children, and to share God's love with them in practical ways as well as in words.
- 1 Tracking Covid at the Sanger Institute
- 2 Saffron Walden constituency MP on the road map out of lockdown
- 3 Covid-19 breaches at Stansted Airport
- 4 Awards for pandemic heroes launched
- 5 Essex: Climate change top priority for residents
- 6 Containerlift supports laughter and supply chains
- 7 District council is not investing in arms trade, say councillors
- 8 Quakers ask district council to reverse decision as investment row continues
- 9 Cam Valley to broadcast a special Mother's Day service
- 10 Fun for virtual World Book Day 2021
"Many lasting friendships have been formed through the group. Anyone with pre-school children is warmly welcome.