St Mary's Church Saffron Walden re-launches its pram service
ST MARY S Church Saffron Walden has re-launched its regular service for young children, parents and carers - with the new name of St Mary s Tinies. It takes place every week during school term-times on Tuesdays from 2pm to 3pm. Tinies is a short and very
ST MARY'S Church Saffron Walden has re-launched its regular service for young children, parents and carers - with the new name of St Mary's Tinies.
It takes place every week during school term-times on Tuesdays from 2pm to 3pm.
Tinies is a short and very informal service in the church, with songs, a Bible story and simple prayers lasting about 20 minutes. It is followed by tea and chat, with craft and toys for the children, in the parish rooms.
All children under five are welcome, together with the adults looking after them.
You may also want to watch:
St Mary's Tinies was formally known as the Pram Service, and has been going now for over 15 years.
Leader Margaret Taylor said: "It is a privilege to get to know so many lovely parents, carers and children, and to share God's love with them in practical ways as well as in words.
- 1 Tools collection is a huge success
- 2 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 A Big Deal for Fairycroft House as comedy club makes comeback
- 5 Fête de la Musique returns to Walden - with nine music venues
- 6 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
- 7 Saffron Walden constituency could change shape in boundary review
- 8 Freedom Day has been delayed by up to four weeks
- 9 Things to do in June - from open gardens to live music and dancing
- 10 Motorcyclist in hospital after Broxted collision
"Many lasting friendships have been formed through the group. Anyone with pre-school children is warmly welcome.