St Mary's Church Saffron Walden re-launches its pram service
ST MARY S Church Saffron Walden has re-launched its regular service for young children, parents and carers - with the new name of St Mary s Tinies. It takes place every week during school term-times on Tuesdays from 2pm to 3pm. Tinies is a short and very
ST MARY'S Church Saffron Walden has re-launched its regular service for young children, parents and carers - with the new name of St Mary's Tinies.
It takes place every week during school term-times on Tuesdays from 2pm to 3pm.
Tinies is a short and very informal service in the church, with songs, a Bible story and simple prayers lasting about 20 minutes. It is followed by tea and chat, with craft and toys for the children, in the parish rooms.
All children under five are welcome, together with the adults looking after them.
St Mary's Tinies was formally known as the Pram Service, and has been going now for over 15 years.
Leader Margaret Taylor said: "It is a privilege to get to know so many lovely parents, carers and children, and to share God's love with them in practical ways as well as in words.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 2 Government accused of 'grotesque waste of taxpayers' money' after Stansted flight
- 3 New vehicles to catch Essex's criminals on the county's fast roads
- 4 Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up announced for Hylands Park
- 5 Plan to ease congestion at M11 junction 8 gets underway
- 6 Uttlesford District Council row over £4m 'black hole'
- 7 In pictures: Burns Night at Walden's The Railway Arms
- 8 Miss Disco's Valentine's date with fans at Saffron Walden's football club
- 9 Celebrating 20th anniversary of Harry Potter at Saffron Screen
- 10 Walden's Wizard of Oz snowflake trail winner is crowned
"Many lasting friendships have been formed through the group. Anyone with pre-school children is warmly welcome.