St Mary's Parish Church in Saffron Walden appoints new youth worker
SAFFRON Walden Mary s Parish Church has appointed a new youth worker. Former primary school teacher Andy Finn – who moved to the town from Folkestone with his wife, Tamar – starts work in the parish later this month. He has been doing voluntary youth wo
SAFFRON Walden Mary's Parish Church has appointed a new youth worker.
Former primary school teacher Andy Finn - who moved to the town from Folkestone with his wife, Tamar - starts work in the parish later this month.
He has been doing voluntary youth work in the parish in Folkestone, where he has been an active member since he was five-years-old.
Andy and Tamar, who were married in December, said: "What attracted us to Saffron Walden was the clear vision of the parish, strong sense of community and the family friendly atmosphere of the town."
You may also want to watch:
Andy will be concentrating on the 10 to 18-year-old age group, and hopes to be able to help those already members of the church to grow in faith and to encourage more young people of the town to join in church activities.
Andy is a keen musician and plays piano, violin and guitar. He is also keen on Formula One and is following Jensen Button's season with great interest.
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 In pictures: Fun raises community support cash
- 3 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 6 Shooting star: Coward-Holley's road to Tokyo 2020
- 7 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 8 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 9 EA Festival debut: New festival quenches region's 'thirst for culture'
- 10 It's A Very British Murder with TV historian Lucy Worsley at Cambridge Arts Theatre