St Mary's Parish Church in Saffron Walden appoints new youth worker
SAFFRON Walden Mary s Parish Church has appointed a new youth worker. Former primary school teacher Andy Finn – who moved to the town from Folkestone with his wife, Tamar – starts work in the parish later this month. He has been doing voluntary youth wo
SAFFRON Walden Mary's Parish Church has appointed a new youth worker.
Former primary school teacher Andy Finn - who moved to the town from Folkestone with his wife, Tamar - starts work in the parish later this month.
He has been doing voluntary youth work in the parish in Folkestone, where he has been an active member since he was five-years-old.
Andy and Tamar, who were married in December, said: "What attracted us to Saffron Walden was the clear vision of the parish, strong sense of community and the family friendly atmosphere of the town."
You may also want to watch:
Andy will be concentrating on the 10 to 18-year-old age group, and hopes to be able to help those already members of the church to grow in faith and to encourage more young people of the town to join in church activities.
Andy is a keen musician and plays piano, violin and guitar. He is also keen on Formula One and is following Jensen Button's season with great interest.
- 1 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 2 Stations benefit from funding
- 3 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 4 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 5 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 6 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 7 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 8 Surgeon wins top award for hip research
- 9 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 10 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford