St Mary's Parish Church in Saffron Walden appoints new youth worker
SAFFRON Walden Mary s Parish Church has appointed a new youth worker. Former primary school teacher Andy Finn – who moved to the town from Folkestone with his wife, Tamar – starts work in the parish later this month. He has been doing voluntary youth wo
SAFFRON Walden Mary's Parish Church has appointed a new youth worker.
Former primary school teacher Andy Finn - who moved to the town from Folkestone with his wife, Tamar - starts work in the parish later this month.
He has been doing voluntary youth work in the parish in Folkestone, where he has been an active member since he was five-years-old.
Andy and Tamar, who were married in December, said: "What attracted us to Saffron Walden was the clear vision of the parish, strong sense of community and the family friendly atmosphere of the town."
You may also want to watch:
Andy will be concentrating on the 10 to 18-year-old age group, and hopes to be able to help those already members of the church to grow in faith and to encourage more young people of the town to join in church activities.
Andy is a keen musician and plays piano, violin and guitar. He is also keen on Formula One and is following Jensen Button's season with great interest.
- 1 Extension lead warning after fatal fire in Saffron Walden
- 2 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 3 Gardeners behind the best-kept Saffron Walden allotments named
- 4 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Food collection and seasonal songs at R A Butler's harvest festival
- 8 Team Max to hold fundraising auction for planned children's hospital
- 9 Covid booster vaccinations scheme is rolling out at pace
- 10 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book