St Mary's Parish Church in Saffron Walden appoints new youth worker
SAFFRON Walden Mary s Parish Church has appointed a new youth worker. Former primary school teacher Andy Finn – who moved to the town from Folkestone with his wife, Tamar – starts work in the parish later this month. He has been doing voluntary youth wo
SAFFRON Walden Mary's Parish Church has appointed a new youth worker.
Former primary school teacher Andy Finn - who moved to the town from Folkestone with his wife, Tamar - starts work in the parish later this month.
He has been doing voluntary youth work in the parish in Folkestone, where he has been an active member since he was five-years-old.
Andy and Tamar, who were married in December, said: "What attracted us to Saffron Walden was the clear vision of the parish, strong sense of community and the family friendly atmosphere of the town."
You may also want to watch:
Andy will be concentrating on the 10 to 18-year-old age group, and hopes to be able to help those already members of the church to grow in faith and to encourage more young people of the town to join in church activities.
Andy is a keen musician and plays piano, violin and guitar. He is also keen on Formula One and is following Jensen Button's season with great interest.
- 1 More than 600 want reopening of North Hall Road after nine months
- 2 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 3 Walden spruced up ahead of lockdown easing
- 4 Consultation launched ahead of Golden Acre Play Area upgrade
- 5 Residents and business owners celebrate April 12 reopenings
- 6 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 7 Saffron Walden Musical Theatre Company announces musicals
- 8 Walden market traders react to lockdown lifting
- 9 Homes plan could join Saffron Walden and Sewards End
- 10 Several trees cut down without permission from Saffron Walden garden