Staff at Dish are pretty in pink
STAFF at a Saffron Walden restaurant were tickled pink about raising almost �900 for charity. A pink party in aid of Breast Cancer Research was held by Dish on King Street which had been transformed into a pink palace for the evening. Restaurant manager E
STAFF at a Saffron Walden restaurant were tickled pink about raising almost �900 for charity.
A pink party in aid of Breast Cancer Research was held by Dish on King Street which had been transformed into a pink palace for the evening.
Restaurant manager Emma Langmaid said: "The Dish Pink Party was a major success and we managed to raise �848 in just four hours.
"Tiffaney, our drag queen, managed to embarrass or offend just about everyone and all the girls - and a few boys - got into the swing of it and dressed in pink.
You may also want to watch:
"We have so many people to thank as local businesses were extremely generous with raffle prizes but a special thanks, as ever, has to go to Evergreen Florist who gave every lady a pink flower, Waitrose for the goody bags, and every other local company who filled them.
"We'd also like to thank Dr Nick and Wilburs Gym for such generous auction items, and many more local companies who provided raffle prizes. We also have to thank the Saffron Walden Round Table for their generous donation of �100.
- 1 Robbers leave with hundreds of pounds after threatening business staff
- 2 Council responds to unflattering comments
- 3 Long recycling centre queues into the road 'nearly cause accident'
- 4 Thefts from village cars cause hundreds of pounds in losses
- 5 District council urged to cancel investment
- 6 Footpath sign that points to wall is likened to Harry Potter book
- 7 Controversial investment is ethical, district councillors say
- 8 Council leader 'will not seek re-election'
- 9 Plan to convert town restaurant into homes
- 10 Another business permanently closes its doors in Saffron Walden