Staff at Dish are pretty in pink
STAFF at a Saffron Walden restaurant were tickled pink about raising almost �900 for charity. A pink party in aid of Breast Cancer Research was held by Dish on King Street which had been transformed into a pink palace for the evening. Restaurant manager E
STAFF at a Saffron Walden restaurant were tickled pink about raising almost �900 for charity.
A pink party in aid of Breast Cancer Research was held by Dish on King Street which had been transformed into a pink palace for the evening.
Restaurant manager Emma Langmaid said: "The Dish Pink Party was a major success and we managed to raise �848 in just four hours.
"Tiffaney, our drag queen, managed to embarrass or offend just about everyone and all the girls - and a few boys - got into the swing of it and dressed in pink.
You may also want to watch:
"We have so many people to thank as local businesses were extremely generous with raffle prizes but a special thanks, as ever, has to go to Evergreen Florist who gave every lady a pink flower, Waitrose for the goody bags, and every other local company who filled them.
"We'd also like to thank Dr Nick and Wilburs Gym for such generous auction items, and many more local companies who provided raffle prizes. We also have to thank the Saffron Walden Round Table for their generous donation of �100.
- 1 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 2 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 3 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 4 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 5 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 6 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 7 Historic books have new 'long loan' home to help researchers
- 8 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road
- 9 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches
- 10 There With You This Winter: Uttlesford Foodbank