Staff at Saffron Walden Community Hospital hand over cheque to Breathe Easy group
BREATHE Easy Saffron Walden received a boost thanks to the fundraising efforts of staff at the town’s community hospital.
Sister Stephanie Honour presented a cheque for �130 to Rachel Walton, treasurer of the Breathe Easy group which provides support to people with breathing problems and their carers.
A spokesman for the group said: “People with lung conditions and those who care for them can often feel alone. Making friends is important and Breathe Easy provides a great opportunity to do this.
“The group also campaigns to improve services and to generate a greater understanding of lung disease.”
The money was raised from a Nurses Day raffle and was presented during a meeting of the group. Among those present was Claire Battye, British Lung Foundation development officer for the East of England. Her role includes developing the Breathe Easy network of groups.
You may also want to watch:
Breathe Easy secretary Gina Page said many of their members were referred to the support group while having rehabilitation at the hospital.
The group’s chairman is respiratory nurse Carole Rolland who is based at Saffron Walden Community Hospital and is able to see many of her patients through group activities.
- 1 The number of Indian variant Covid cases in Uttlesford
- 2 Saffron Walden young triathletes dominate at national qualifier
- 3 Tools collection is a huge success
- 4 District heroes named in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 5 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 6 Bronze Age and Roman treasures go on display at museum
- 7 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 8 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 9 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
- 10 'We're not trying to target young people': e-scooter awareness drive
Breathe Easy meets from 2-4pm on the second Friday of every month at the community hospital in the town’s Radwinter Road.