STANSTED: A pink theme in aid of Cancer Research UK
AN art exhibition with a pink theme will be held in Stansted in aid of Cancer Research UK. Titled In the Pink , chartered landscape architects Lizlake will open the exhibition to the public on March 27 and 28, from 10am to 4pm. It will contain a mixture
AN art exhibition with a pink theme will be held in Stansted in aid of Cancer Research UK.
Titled 'In the Pink', chartered landscape architects Lizlake will open the exhibition to the public on March 27 and 28, from 10am to 4pm.
It will contain a mixture of artwork from both amateur and professional artists. An entry fee of �1, and 50p for a catalogue guide to the artwork, will all go to charity. Some of the artwork will be on sale, with five per cent of all sales also going to the charity fund.
Landscape architect at Lizlake, Nicola Barford, said: "This was the idea of my colleague, Julia Weaver, and I that came to us whilst swimming one lunchtime.
You may also want to watch:
"We both like to paint in our spare time and don't have much opportunity to exhibit our work and we all know people who have been affected by cancer so this was a good opportunity to try and raise funds for charity."
Lizlake is based at Western House on Chapel Hill
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 3 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 4 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 5 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 6 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 7 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 8 County council promises arts boost for Essex
- 9 Award-winning jazz singer Clare Teal and her sextet to play concert at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital