STANSTED: A pink theme in aid of Cancer Research UK
AN art exhibition with a pink theme will be held in Stansted in aid of Cancer Research UK. Titled In the Pink , chartered landscape architects Lizlake will open the exhibition to the public on March 27 and 28, from 10am to 4pm. It will contain a mixture
AN art exhibition with a pink theme will be held in Stansted in aid of Cancer Research UK.
Titled 'In the Pink', chartered landscape architects Lizlake will open the exhibition to the public on March 27 and 28, from 10am to 4pm.
It will contain a mixture of artwork from both amateur and professional artists. An entry fee of �1, and 50p for a catalogue guide to the artwork, will all go to charity. Some of the artwork will be on sale, with five per cent of all sales also going to the charity fund.
Landscape architect at Lizlake, Nicola Barford, said: "This was the idea of my colleague, Julia Weaver, and I that came to us whilst swimming one lunchtime.
You may also want to watch:
"We both like to paint in our spare time and don't have much opportunity to exhibit our work and we all know people who have been affected by cancer so this was a good opportunity to try and raise funds for charity."
Lizlake is based at Western House on Chapel Hill
- 1 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 2 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 3 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 4 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 5 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 6 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
- 7 Families take part in Gain the Miles challenge
- 8 Laptops, iPads and Chromebooks being sent to let children learn remotely
- 9 Thaxted Rangers boosted by Co-op donation
- 10 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire