Stansted airline executives make a splash at London 2012 Olympic white water rafting venue
LONDON Stansted and Visit Essex have joined forces to showcase the very best of the county for 2012 and beyond to a group of top airline executives.
Guests enjoyed a fun packed day as part of a familiarisation trip to promote the tourism opportunities and highlight the benefits the Olympics will bring to businesses in Essex. The high point included a visit to the new Lee Valley white water rafting centre, host venue for the London 2012 Olympics.
easyJet, bmibaby, Pegasus and Aurigny were just some of the airlines represented on the trip, which also included a VIP tour of a new contemporary arts venue in Colchester and an overnight stay at the lifehouse Spa hotel in Thorpe Le Soken.
Communications Executive at bmibaby, Naomi Bustin, said: “We had a fantastic day exploring the county of Essex, the trip really opened our eyes to what the region has on offer. From the white water rafting to the fabulous lifehouse Spa, there is something to suit everyone.”
Organiser Lisa Bone, strategic tourism manager for Essex Tourism, said: “Visit Essex was delighted to host delegates from Stansted airport and airline colleagues.
You may also want to watch:
“We had a great day visiting some of the newest attractions in the county and it was an excellent opportunity to showcase what Essex has to offer as a destination.”
Stansted Airport’s airline, route and marketing manager Paul Haynes said: “In tough economic times, showcasing Essex and the tourism opportunities it offers to our major airlines can only help the local tourist economy to continue to thrive within the region.
- 1 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 2 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 3 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 4 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 5 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 6 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 7 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 8 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 9 Town council backs new support club
- 10 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
“With Stansted offering over 150 inbound destinations we know our passengers are keen to hear more about Essex and to start exploring the wide range of activities and attractions on offer.”