Stansted airline scoops top business travel award
STANSTED Airport s third largest airline, Air Berlin, has scooped a prestigious award at this year s Business Travel Awards. At a glittering ceremony, attended by representatives from across the travel industry, the German carrier picked up the Best Short
STANSTED Airport's third largest airline, Air Berlin, has scooped a prestigious award at this year's Business Travel Awards.
At a glittering ceremony, attended by representatives from across the travel industry, the German carrier picked up the Best Short-Haul Airline award ahead of rivals British Airways and bmi.
Voted for by business travel buyers and leading business travel journalists the awards honour excellence in the corporate travel industry and recognised Air Berlin's commitment to the sector.
Air Berlin country manager UK and Ireland, Titus Johnson, said: "This is a great way to start 2010. Air Berlin has carved out an enviable reputation amongst corporate clients. With pressure on travel budgets we are the ideal partner, offering an unbeatable combination of lower fares while maintaining the on-board frills such as food and drink."
You may also want to watch:
Air Berlin won the same prize - Best Short Haul Airline - in 2007 at the event's predecessor, the Business Travel World Awards.
Stansted Airport's Commercial and Development Director, Nick Barton, said: "On behalf of everyone at Stansted, I'd like to offer congratulations to Air Berlin.
- 1 Saffron Walden constituency MP on the road map out of lockdown
- 2 Tracking Covid at the Sanger Institute
- 3 Awards for pandemic heroes launched
- 4 Containerlift supports laughter and supply chains
- 5 District council is not investing in arms trade, say councillors
- 6 Buses replace trains while train tracks are replaced
- 7 Essex: Climate change top priority for residents
- 8 Covid-19 breaches at Stansted Airport
- 9 Plan to convert town restaurant into homes
- 10 Quakers ask district council to reverse decision as investment row continues
"They've enjoyed great success with the growth and development of their business at Stansted and this success has been now officially recognised by the business industry through these coveted awards.