Stansted Airport Academy offers free training courses for youngsters
STANSTED Airport’s Employment and Skills Academy is offering free places on a vocational training programme for young people aged 16-18 who are not in employment, education or training.
Students will study for The Award in Retail Knowledge which covers a range of subjects including retail, customer service and sales. The course will also involve modules on preparing for employment, working as part of a team, CV writing and interview techniques.
Manager of the Stansted Employment and Skills Academy Anita Garrard said: “This is one of the only courses of its kind in the area, so the course is a brilliant opportunity for young people wishing to gain a qualification and then maybe embark on a career within the airport retail industry or find work in their local area.
“Stansted Airport is the biggest single site employer in the East of England, with around 11,000 people working here. It’s a wonderful place to work and has many opportunities for young people looking for a rewarding career.”
Students from Essex, Suffolk and Hertfordshire will also receive a free �50 travel card for travel to and from the airport to attend the course.
You may also want to watch:
Places on the four week courses, which run from Monday to Thursday throughout the summer, are limited. For more details, or to book a place, call 01279 661007, or e-mail email@example.com
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 6 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 7 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold
- 8 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 9 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 10 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return