Stansted Airport aerozone nearly ready for take off!
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters will be able to find out about busy airport life at a brand new educational facility at the airport.
Joanne Davies and Melvyn Nice from Stansted Airport invited Chief Inspector of Stansted Airport Police, Graham Stubbs, to look around this exciting new facility prior to opening its doors to the public.
Aerozone Stansted will allow children to explore the airport’s history, how aviation works, and offer activities designed to give them a taste of airport life and an insight into the variety of careers on offer across the site.
The facility even boasts its own viewing platform, where children will be able to watch planes taking off and landing to the runway.
Essex Police have donated police uniform to the facility, which youngsters will have the opportunity to try on!
Officers will also be on hand to talk to children about an average day in the life of an airport police officer.
Chief Inspector Stubbs said: “We’re looking forward to welcoming schools into the Aerozone, where we can talk to children about what we do and answer any questions that they may have.
- 1 Tea party celebrates Saffron Walden Museum volunteers
- 2 Debden man fundraising for Mind with 480km walk
- 3 Uttlesford Local Plan delay 'necessary' say councillors
- 4 Teen arrested for 'terrorism offences' at Stansted Airport
- 5 Dane's 10 day walk home with only a backpack
- 6 Junior Fencer from Saffron Walden wins silver at England Championship
- 7 The Railway Arms awarded CAMRA county pub of the year
- 8 Saffron Walden draw positives at Witham
- 9 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 10 How well do you know the Gibson Library?
“We can also explain to children that they can always ask officers for help when they are at the airport – for example, if they become lost while in the terminal”.
Joanne Davies, Education Co-ordinator for Stansted Airport, said: “The Aerozone aims to inspire a generation of young people to choose an exciting and rewarding career.
“We are proud to have Essex Police as an official partner in the development of this project, and are very grateful for the support and assistance that they have given us prior to Aerozone’s launch”.
Aerozone Stansted will officially open to schools in June.