Stansted Airport: Baggage handlers strike called off
BAGGAGE handlers at Stansted Airport have cancelled plans to strike over the Easter weekend.
Swissport workers, who are members of the GMB and Unite unions, had threatened strike action at the transport hub between Good Friday and Easter Monday in protest at changes to their shifts.
But following talks in London today (Tuesday, April 3), a joint statement was released.
It said: “We are pleased that passengers and families travelling over the Easter weekend will no longer face potential disruption.
“We will continue our talks in an attempt to reach a joint consensus that ensures we understand our commercial challenges and balance the need for the work life balance of our employees.”
You may also want to watch:
Further talks will be held later this month.
- 1 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 2 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 3 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 4 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 5 'I can walk 500 miles' - chairman's Scottish celebrations during charity trek
- 6 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 7 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 8 Dozens of illegal fishing nets and traps seized during pandemic
- 9 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire