Stansted Airport: Baggage handlers strike called off
BAGGAGE handlers at Stansted Airport have cancelled plans to strike over the Easter weekend.
Swissport workers, who are members of the GMB and Unite unions, had threatened strike action at the transport hub between Good Friday and Easter Monday in protest at changes to their shifts.
But following talks in London today (Tuesday, April 3), a joint statement was released.
It said: “We are pleased that passengers and families travelling over the Easter weekend will no longer face potential disruption.
“We will continue our talks in an attempt to reach a joint consensus that ensures we understand our commercial challenges and balance the need for the work life balance of our employees.”
Further talks will be held later this month.
- 1 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 2 Stansted Airport calls for residents' views on solar transformation plan
- 3 Saffron Walden County High School student launches campaign for a 'Quiet Room'
- 4 Will there be a White Christmas in Essex this year?
- 5 Walden has late night shopping and musicians
- 6 Saffron Walden a contender in Britain's Favourite Market vote
- 7 Music therapy top honour includes Walden's Together in Sound
- 8 Advent begins in Saffron Walden on Sunday
- 9 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 10 Students bring cheer to senior citizens through Christmas Buddy Scheme