Stansted Airport: Baggage handlers strike called off
BAGGAGE handlers at Stansted Airport have cancelled plans to strike over the Easter weekend.
Swissport workers, who are members of the GMB and Unite unions, had threatened strike action at the transport hub between Good Friday and Easter Monday in protest at changes to their shifts.
But following talks in London today (Tuesday, April 3), a joint statement was released.
It said: “We are pleased that passengers and families travelling over the Easter weekend will no longer face potential disruption.
“We will continue our talks in an attempt to reach a joint consensus that ensures we understand our commercial challenges and balance the need for the work life balance of our employees.”
You may also want to watch:
Further talks will be held later this month.
- 1 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 2 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 3 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 4 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 7 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 8 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 9 Q&A: Former Uttlesford District Council leader Howard Rolfe
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex