Stansted Airport: Baggage handlers strike called off
BAGGAGE handlers at Stansted Airport have cancelled plans to strike over the Easter weekend.
Swissport workers, who are members of the GMB and Unite unions, had threatened strike action at the transport hub between Good Friday and Easter Monday in protest at changes to their shifts.
But following talks in London today (Tuesday, April 3), a joint statement was released.
It said: “We are pleased that passengers and families travelling over the Easter weekend will no longer face potential disruption.
“We will continue our talks in an attempt to reach a joint consensus that ensures we understand our commercial challenges and balance the need for the work life balance of our employees.”
You may also want to watch:
Further talks will be held later this month.
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 3 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 4 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 5 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 6 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 7 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 8 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 9 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 10 Stop Stansted Expansion campaign group to rebrand