Stansted Airport blaze destroys 24 cars
AN URGENT investigation will be carried out after a fire destroyed 24 cars parked at Stansted Airport.
Fire and police officers will carry out a joint inquiry after the blaze broke out on Sunday night (August 29) in the long stay car park.
Initially the incident was reported as one vehicle alight and a single crew was sent to the scene at 2.30am
But on arrival the officer in charge requested three additional crews when firefighters reported the incident involved multiple cars.
Using breathing apparatus they managed to tackle the flames which threatened to spread quickly.
You may also want to watch:
It is not known what actually started the fire.
- 1 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 2 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 3 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 4 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 5 Families take part in Gain the Miles challenge
- 6 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 7 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
- 8 Laptops, iPads and Chromebooks being sent to let children learn remotely
- 9 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 10 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire