Stansted Airport blaze destroys 24 cars
AN URGENT investigation will be carried out after a fire destroyed 24 cars parked at Stansted Airport.
Fire and police officers will carry out a joint inquiry after the blaze broke out on Sunday night (August 29) in the long stay car park.
Initially the incident was reported as one vehicle alight and a single crew was sent to the scene at 2.30am
But on arrival the officer in charge requested three additional crews when firefighters reported the incident involved multiple cars.
Using breathing apparatus they managed to tackle the flames which threatened to spread quickly.
You may also want to watch:
It is not known what actually started the fire.
- 1 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 2 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 3 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 4 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 5 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 6 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 7 Revealed: Essex hospital treatment waiting time data
- 8 Firefighters rescue woman after town centre collision
- 9 Several trees cut down without permission from Saffron Walden garden
- 10 Stansted author to release second novel