Stansted Airport cash boost for Macmillan Cancer Support
A CANCER charity has been given a massive boost after businesses in the region raised �1000 at a networking event held by Stansted Airport.
Businesses attending the airport’s annual Meet the Buyer event earlier this year dipped in their pockets and collected �750 for Macmillan Cancer support - the airport then rounded the figure up to the �1000 mark.
Collecting the cheque from the airport was Claire Bidwell from Macmillan Cancer Support.
She said: “We’d like to say a huge thank you to the BAA Stansted team and their suppliers for the donation.
“In Uttlesford �1000 can be used to support our Macmillan community nursing team who visit people in their homes from Dunmow to Saffron Walden.
You may also want to watch:
“We have ambitious plans to help improve the lives of local people affected by cancer and couldn’t achieve our goal without the brilliant support of organisations like BAA Stansted.”
Stansted’s corporate responsibility manager, Marcella M’Rabety, said: “Macmillan do such a fantastic job and we are looking forward to working with them on a variety of events around the airport.”
- 1 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 2 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 3 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 4 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 5 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 6 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 7 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 8 Law firm gains Customer Service Excellence award
- 9 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 10 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
Macmillan Cancer Support provide practical, medical and financial support and push for better cancer care.
For more information visit the website macmillan.org.uk