Stansted Airport cash boost for Macmillan Cancer Support
A CANCER charity has been given a massive boost after businesses in the region raised �1000 at a networking event held by Stansted Airport.
Businesses attending the airport’s annual Meet the Buyer event earlier this year dipped in their pockets and collected �750 for Macmillan Cancer support - the airport then rounded the figure up to the �1000 mark.
Collecting the cheque from the airport was Claire Bidwell from Macmillan Cancer Support.
She said: “We’d like to say a huge thank you to the BAA Stansted team and their suppliers for the donation.
“In Uttlesford �1000 can be used to support our Macmillan community nursing team who visit people in their homes from Dunmow to Saffron Walden.
You may also want to watch:
“We have ambitious plans to help improve the lives of local people affected by cancer and couldn’t achieve our goal without the brilliant support of organisations like BAA Stansted.”
Stansted’s corporate responsibility manager, Marcella M’Rabety, said: “Macmillan do such a fantastic job and we are looking forward to working with them on a variety of events around the airport.”
- 1 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 2 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 3 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 4 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 8 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 9 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 10 In pictures: Saffron Walden Round Table's Big Day Out
Macmillan Cancer Support provide practical, medical and financial support and push for better cancer care.
For more information visit the website macmillan.org.uk