Stansted Airport enjoys busiest ever winter season with record breaking passenger numbers
- Credit: Archant
Stansted Airport enjoyed its busiest ever March as more than 1.89 million passengers passed through the Essex hub during the month.
The record breaking numbers also helped the airport to achieve its best ever winter season, with 8.65 million passengers using Stansted in the five-month period ending March 2016.
The airport’s annual passenger total also topped 23 million for the first time since 2008.
Andrew Cowan, Stansted’s CEO, said: “Stansted’s passenger traffic continues to grow at a rapid pace as we experienced our busiest ever March and served the highest number of passengers during a winter flying season in the airport’s history.
“This is further proof that thousands more people each and every month are choosing Stansted when deciding which airport to fly from.
You may also want to watch:
“This is thanks to the value and choice provided by our extensive and growing route network, and the on-going investment programme to improve passengers services and facilities.”
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 3 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 4 Covid booster vaccinations scheme is rolling out at pace
- 5 Researchers collaborate with students in protein art project
- 6 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 7 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 8 English Touring Opera coming to Saffron Hall with rarely performed Handel opera
- 9 County council promises arts boost for Essex
- 10 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes