Stansted Airport gears up for next ‘Meet the Buyers’ event
- Credit: Archant
STANSTED Airport’s popular ‘Meet the Buyers’ event kicks off next week.
Meet the Buyers is in its 13th years and is one of the biggest procurement event in the region.
A survey has revealed that business deals worth an estimated £1.3m were generated from the 2012 event. The research, conducted by the BE Group on behalf of Stansted Airport, suggested that nearly a dozen companies have already won over half a million pounds worth of business and a further 33 are expecting to sign deals of over £800,000.
One company already on-board for 2013 is Elsenham based LPL Construction Services which has recently clinched a £10m contract at Stansted for the first phase of works for the airport’s £80m terminal redevelopment project.
It said the contact had secured 100 jobs and could mean a £5m spin-off for other suppliers they work with.
You may also want to watch:
Meet the Buyers takes place on Thursday October 3, between 9am and 5pm – and local firms are being encouraged to sign-up to get a slice of the action.
For for information about the event, visit stanstedmtb.co.uk
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 3 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 4 Covid booster jab sessions due to start at Lord Butler
- 5 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 6 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 7 Circuit star William Gilbank sets sights on professional sport
- 8 'Enjoy a slice of Essex on hospitality day', says culture chief
- 9 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 10 Andy Scott's Chornic Kidney Disease story