Stansted Airport gears up for next ‘Meet the Buyers’ event
- Credit: Archant
STANSTED Airport’s popular ‘Meet the Buyers’ event kicks off next week.
Meet the Buyers is in its 13th years and is one of the biggest procurement event in the region.
A survey has revealed that business deals worth an estimated £1.3m were generated from the 2012 event. The research, conducted by the BE Group on behalf of Stansted Airport, suggested that nearly a dozen companies have already won over half a million pounds worth of business and a further 33 are expecting to sign deals of over £800,000.
One company already on-board for 2013 is Elsenham based LPL Construction Services which has recently clinched a £10m contract at Stansted for the first phase of works for the airport’s £80m terminal redevelopment project.
It said the contact had secured 100 jobs and could mean a £5m spin-off for other suppliers they work with.
You may also want to watch:
Meet the Buyers takes place on Thursday October 3, between 9am and 5pm – and local firms are being encouraged to sign-up to get a slice of the action.
For for information about the event, visit stanstedmtb.co.uk
- 1 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 2 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 3 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 4 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 5 Lockdown easing: Saffron Walden Museum to reopen on May 20
- 6 Lana's efforts help to feed the community
- 7 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal